Merry Christmas!

Marynb
Marynb Member Posts: 1,118
Three years ago tonight, I was at Mass. General being disconnected from my first week on the chemo pump. I was so weak. It was snowing lightly and the building that I was in had a wall of windows overlooking Boston. For those of you who have never been there, it is a beautiful city full of historic buildings and on top of Beacon Hill, sits a gold domed state house. I remember sitting there watching the snow sparkling with the city lights and being struck by how pretty the night was. My daughter and sister were with me and we were the last people in the infusion wing. The male nurse was wonderful and made us all laugh through the tears! It was that Christmas Eve when all that matters became so very clear to me. All the years of strife, foolish pursuits, and hurts melted away that Christmas eve. Love, family, friends, and laughter are our most precious gifts! I hope that everyone is able to spend time with loved ones this Christmas . For those of you in treatment tonight, you are all in my prayers this
Christmas eve! May God bless you!

Mary

Comments

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    Mary

And a Merry Christmas to you, my friend!  May God Bless you in the New Year!

• lp1964
    lp1964 Member Posts: 1,239 Member
    Beautiful words!

Similar but a little different here in Cali. Sunny days, taking chemo, surrounded with family. Ups and downs, hoping for better days, but it's not so bad.

Happy Holidays Mary.

Laz

• eihtak
    eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member
    Marynb.....

Even though I don't like winter, you paint a lovely picture. And, you are so very right about our most precious gifts. My husband, children and grandchildren celebrated a week and a half early as that was the only day that worked for all. We had a perfectly beautiful Christmas together.

Its funny how life goes.....a few days ago we got a call that my husbands brother had an unexpected heart attack and died, just 60 yrs old. He is the brother that was a donor two years ago for my husbands bone marrow transplant, so it is especially difficult for him. Tomorrow we head out on a 10 plus hour road trip to Ohio for the funeral. 

So thankful that God's plan included our beautiful "early" Christmas!

Hoping you and all the amazing people here are blessed with all good things this Christmas!

• Marynb
    Marynb Member Posts: 1,118
    eihtak said:

Marynb.....

Even though I don't like winter, you paint a lovely picture. And, you are so very right about our most precious gifts. My husband, children and grandchildren celebrated a week and a half early as that was the only day that worked for all. We had a perfectly beautiful Christmas together.

Its funny how life goes.....a few days ago we got a call that my husbands brother had an unexpected heart attack and died, just 60 yrs old. He is the brother that was a donor two years ago for my husbands bone marrow transplant, so it is especially difficult for him. Tomorrow we head out on a 10 plus hour road trip to Ohio for the funeral. 

Hoping you and all the amazing people here are blessed with all good things this Christmas!

Eihtak
    I am sorry for your loss. Safe travels!

Mary
  • tercure
    tercure Member Posts: 15
    eihtak said:

Marynb.....

Safe Travels

Hi Eihtak,

I too live in Ohio near Cincinnati.  What area are you traveling to?  I trust you will have safe travels and offer my condolence for your husband's brother.  Thanks for your support.

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    eihtak said:

Marynb.....

eihtak

I'm very sorry to hear of your brother-in-law's passing and I hope you have a safe trip to Ohio.  May God bless you and your husband and the entire family during this difficult time.

• eihtak
    eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member
    mp327 said:

eihtak

I'm very sorry to hear of your brother-in-law's passing and I hope you have a safe trip to Ohio.  May God bless you and your husband and the entire family during this difficult time.

Martha, Marynb, Thom......(sorry if I missed anyone)

Thank you for your kind words. The funeral was in Marysville, Ohio, not far from Columbus. It was an emotional yet truely inspiring couple of days. My brother in law was an amazing man that so often went above and beyond for others without blinking an eye. He will surely be missed. His three children (in their 20's) and wife were so very warm and welcoming and insited that we stay in their home. We talked, laughed, cried, and shared stories until late in the night and then started again in the morning. For them, my husband holds in him a living part of their father and husband and it was as though they couldn't get enough. For us, we are eternally grateful for the sacrifice the whole family made as it was my husbands last hope for a suitable match, and without it he would likely not be here today. Gods plan is simple yet so complicated, and right now feeling very blessed.

BTW.....it was 55 degrees and sunny when we left Ohio, and now home in central Wi. it is 6 degrees windy and dropping!!

• qv62
    qv62 Member Posts: 434 Member
    eihtak said:

Martha, Marynb, Thom......(sorry if I missed anyone)

Thank you for your kind words. The funeral was in Marysville, Ohio, not far from Columbus. It was an emotional yet truely inspiring couple of days. My brother in law was an amazing man that so often went above and beyond for others without blinking an eye. He will surely be missed. His three children (in their 20's) and wife were so very warm and welcoming and insited that we stay in their home. We talked, laughed, cried, and shared stories until late in the night and then started again in the morning. For them, my husband holds in him a living part of their father and husband and it was as though they couldn't get enough. For us, we are eternally grateful for the sacrifice the whole family made as it was my husbands last hope for a suitable match, and without it he would likely not be here today. Gods plan is simple yet so complicated, and right now feeling very blessed.

BTW.....it was 55 degrees and sunny when we left Ohio, and now home in central Wi. it is 6 degrees windy and dropping!!

eihtak

sorry for your loss, prayers to you and your family