Best Christmas Gift I Ever Got Was........

marbleotis
marbleotis Member Posts: 720 Member

CC Forum,

I thought it might be interesting to start a chain of the best Christmas Gift you ever got.

I will start with.... my second daughter, born December 26.  She was due on Dec 25, so she was my Christmas present that was 1-day late.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Comments

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    Well, I can't compete with a daughter!

But my best gift was a bb gun.  My mother had said no way, but my father got it for me anyway.  Funny thing was that after I got it, my mom admitted to me that she had wanted one at the exact same age, and ended up getting one from her aunt after her mom told her no.  Odd bit of family history repeating itself.

I still have it!

• ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    When I was 11

We had a fire in our house and were displaced in a cheesy hotel for a month while the house underwent repairs. The best gift was able to return to our home with my family in time for the big fat Greek Xmas without the Greeks. Everyone in my family (and we have been in this area since the 1600's so it is a lot of people) to pray for us and spend the holidays with us. being with my cousins and family was the best gift ever.  My neighbors who had been taking care of us after school sinc we couldn't come home stopped by with little home gifts like a plant or cookies. I don't think anyone will understand the magnitude of having all of these people in our lives. We had people from different countries, political views and religions innour neighborhood and they were busy with work and community activities, but they took care of us and took time to welcome us back to the neighborhood. The only thing I can figure is that most of the neighborhood was full of doctors engineers and etc, but they came from places where people suffered and ususay people who have suFedEx have a lot of compassion towards others that do as well:  This effort has shaped me into my adulthood. Sharing was the gift that keeps on giving. They set an example for my siblings and that we follow everyday.

Luv ktz

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    A baby is an awesome

A baby is an awesome Christmas gift :)

Well, my husband came home yesterday after 5 weeks (3 in the hospital and 2 in rehab) so that is our best gift.  Hoping he feels well enough to celebrate - since he's not getting around too well we are doing Eve and Day here ...which is a little overwhelming, but it'll be fine.

• geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    My Doll:

Oh how I wanted a certain doll when I was young.  Tiny Tears.  Wasn't a facy doll, but a true baby doll.  My godmother's sister was a seamstress and she had several outfits for the doll made including some dolly sized diapers.  It was the year that Santa came to the door at my grandmother's house.  Wow, there he was and he had that Tiny Tears' doll for me.  Here I am, in my 60's, and I still have that doll.  She is wrapped in tissue in the bottom of my cedar chest along with most of her outfits.  She is still in pretty good shape, the litle nick she had on her face was fixed a few years ago at the Doll Hospital.  The next morning there was a stroller for me by the tree and a blanket, sweater and hat my mom made for my doll.

I had lots of wonderful gifts through the years but that doll is still so very special.

Pease and Blessings to All - Tina

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    geotina said:

My Doll:

Oh how I wanted a certain doll when I was young.  Tiny Tears.  Wasn't a facy doll, but a true baby doll.  My godmother's sister was a seamstress and she had several outfits for the doll made including some dolly sized diapers.  It was the year that Santa came to the door at my grandmother's house.  Wow, there he was and he had that Tiny Tears' doll for me.  Here I am, in my 60's, and I still have that doll.  She is wrapped in tissue in the bottom of my cedar chest along with most of her outfits.  She is still in pretty good shape, the litle nick she had on her face was fixed a few years ago at the Doll Hospital.  The next morning there was a stroller for me by the tree and a blanket, sweater and hat my mom made for my doll.

I had lots of wonderful gifts through the years but that doll is still so very special.

Pease and Blessings to All - Tina

Memories

Oh my word! I had a Tiny Tears too. I had forgotten all about her. 

Are/were you in England? 

• mrscrain
    mrscrain Member Posts: 11
    My favorite gift from my

My favorite gift from my childhood, and of course this goes way back :), was my Mrs. Beasley doll. Oh how I loved her! Funny how we can remember things like a doll but forget so many other things..like where I put my phone.lol

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Curlers

Can't believe it but growing up (about 12) always wanted hot curlers and my parents would hand out the presents and when it was revealed that they were hot curlers I started crying.  Probably only used them for a year and then moved on to something else.  But that was a really fond memory which sticks with me today.  Can honestly say I'd not be using them now Smile As an adult my husband has given me so many uniqe gifts, one being an epilady (can you women remember them - they hurt like heck and  cost about $60 20 years ago - quit using it after a week - ikes it hurt big time), he also gave me a Garmin which I'm just loving.  Too many things to remember, but it's good that we have too many memories to write down.  Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Kim

• thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278 Member
    I was rated by three

I was rated by three different oncologists (MD Anderson, UCLA, and a local Oncologist)  as stage IV and palative care.   We just got the news Thursday (19Dec2013) that I am in remission and have zero signs of cancer growth!   This year was my best Christmas gift ever!   Else, Every Christmas with my wife for the last 22 years. (We have been married for 19 years coming up on 20.)

Best Always,  mike

• maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    thxmiker said:

I was rated by three

I was rated by three different oncologists (MD Anderson, UCLA, and a local Oncologist)  as stage IV and palative care.   We just got the news Thursday (19Dec2013) that I am in remission and have zero signs of cancer growth!   This year was my best Christmas gift ever!   Else, Every Christmas with my wife for the last 22 years. (We have been married for 19 years coming up on 20.)

Best Always,  mike

amazing

mike that is amazing....well done

my fav was a doll also....but not Tiny Tears....she was Bestsy Wetsy....very like TT.  I remember coming down the stairs on Christmas morning before my parents.  The lights on the tree were not on yet so the whole living room seemed very still and magic.....the tinsel on the tree so glittery .....and there she was under the tree with a small pink cradle.  She had a lot of clothes made both by my mom and by and aunt.....that was 60 years ago and she sits in my sewing room.... I change her clothes at least twice a year from summer dress and winter snow suit.....I love that baby doll....everytime I walk into that room and see her, she makes me smile

mags

• geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    maglets said:

amazing

mike that is amazing....well done

my fav was a doll also....but not Tiny Tears....she was Bestsy Wetsy....very like TT.  I remember coming down the stairs on Christmas morning before my parents.  The lights on the tree were not on yet so the whole living room seemed very still and magic.....the tinsel on the tree so glittery .....and there she was under the tree with a small pink cradle.  She had a lot of clothes made both by my mom and by and aunt.....that was 60 years ago and she sits in my sewing room.... I change her clothes at least twice a year from summer dress and winter snow suit.....I love that baby doll....everytime I walk into that room and see her, she makes me smile

mags

Mags:

I remember the Betsy Wetsy doll.  Oh how I wish I could see little girls playing with dolls again, just regular baby dolls.  Look at the memories we have of those babies and they are such good memories.  Our moms putting in so much time to make those little outfits (especially the hats).  Mine had a dress coat with real buttons and a bonnet with white lace trim which I still have even though that lace has turned a little yellow.  It is still beautiful and made with such love. 

Hugs - Tina

• devotion10
    devotion10 Member Posts: 623 Member
    A few memorable ones ...

a Patti Playpal doll in a little red striped dress and I think it had a white pinafore ... a princess phone ... anyone who remembers either of those is an oldster like me. A chemistry set ... a little ring with a pearl in it ... a dachshund puppy that was delivered in my Dad's pocket.

As an adult ... anything my husband gave me, handmade gifts from our son, and my grandfather's old Studebaker named the Grey Bullet. 

Memory lane. ~ Cynthia

• UncleBuddy
    UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member
    It's hard to say...

I feel so blessed to have a husband who loves me and puts up with me and my drama! I have 3 wonderful children who are the light of my life! This year I have a granddaughter who is the sunshine through all this pain. 

I remember so many of the dolls that you mentioned: Mrs Beasley, Tiny Tears, Betsy Wetsy, and Patti Playpal. I also loved Baby Sad and Glad, Thumbelina and Crissy (her hair grew). My favorite doll was Penny Brite. I had the case and a bunch of clothes.  I wish more kids today would play with dolls. I even played cowboy and Indians with my friends using little plastic figures. We had so much fun as children. My kids also loved their dolls. My son loved his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle figures and Star Trek figures, so even he used his imagination. I hope my granddaughter does too.

Lin

• herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    ketziah35 said:

When I was 11

We had a fire in our house and were displaced in a cheesy hotel for a month while the house underwent repairs. The best gift was able to return to our home with my family in time for the big fat Greek Xmas without the Greeks. Everyone in my family (and we have been in this area since the 1600's so it is a lot of people) to pray for us and spend the holidays with us. being with my cousins and family was the best gift ever.  My neighbors who had been taking care of us after school sinc we couldn't come home stopped by with little home gifts like a plant or cookies. I don't think anyone will understand the magnitude of having all of these people in our lives. We had people from different countries, political views and religions innour neighborhood and they were busy with work and community activities, but they took care of us and took time to welcome us back to the neighborhood. The only thing I can figure is that most of the neighborhood was full of doctors engineers and etc, but they came from places where people suffered and ususay people who have suFedEx have a lot of compassion towards others that do as well:  This effort has shaped me into my adulthood. Sharing was the gift that keeps on giving. They set an example for my siblings and that we follow everyday.

Luv ktz

Pony Cart

I had a Shetland pony before I graduated to quarter horses, Indian Ponies and rodeos.

When my father bought the pony, he came with a harness and gear for a cart, but no cart.  All summer and fall I would hook him to the harness and train him with Gee and Haw and had him pulling firewood. I never imagined having something like a cart for real.

On Christmas morning my father said to go outside and there in the driveway was a shiny beautiful bright RED pony cart.  I know it must of cost a fortune in Those days to get something that heavy shipped to Alaska.  I loved it so.  My sister and I would ride him in to town to pick up odds and ends for mom in that cart (it was 3 1/2 miles to town). I also rode that pony cart in every parade the town had. And continued to ride it even after I got the "big" horses.

My Dad always knew the right things to get me.

Winter Marie