CEA down 234. I'm at 150.

Options
Nana b
Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member

This is after 3 Erbitux, 3 oxy, and the Xeloda.  

My my rash is doing better.   My feet now get hot and my feet are starting to peel.  I'm tired, maybe because I'm not working thus time around.  But tough to get out of bed in the mornings and up and running n

Comments

• serenity101
    serenity101 Member Posts: 82
    Options
    erbitux and such

I'm glad to hear your CEA and rash are improving! Mine are too (Erbitux and Irinotecan - 6 weekly treatments). No hot feet, but my hair fell out Frown.

• herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Whoo Hooo

CEA going down, that's good news indeed!!  I hope your feet peeling stops soon, and your energy returns though.  

Winter Marir

• lp1964
    lp1964 Member Posts: 1,239 Member
    Options
    Good news!

Hang in thereOngoing through chemo is not easy, but a necessary evil. I feel like a poisoned rat most of the time too.

Let us know how it goes and Happy Holidays,

Laz

• mukamom
    mukamom Member Posts: 402
    Options
    lp1964 said:

Good news!

Hang in thereOngoing through chemo is not easy, but a necessary evil. I feel like a poisoned rat most of the time too.

Let us know how it goes and Happy Holidays,

Laz

Good your

rash is doing better and WHOOHOO for the CEA drop.  Robert has a rash from the trial drug he is on, but its not as bothersome as that Erbitux one.

Merry Christmas!

Angela

• devotion10
    devotion10 Member Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    That is a very encouraging drop in your CEA!

I know that you have probably gotten great advice from others for your troublesome side effects.  

I do want to share a few things that helped my husband with the hand and foot rash.  

He was told to avoid anything that would create pressure or friction on his hands and feet.  Rather difficult when one needs to wear shoes, but slippers and the like whenever possible is something you probably already do I bet at home. He was also cautioned about extremes of temperature and used only lukewarm water.

His doctors prescribed a thick cream that he moisturized his hands and feet with each night and then he would wear thin cotton socks and cotton gloves to bed.  The socks are not hard to find, but it took me awhile to find the right cotton gloves.  

It turns out you can buy white 100% gloves online as low as $0.25 a pair when you buy in quantity from: 

http://www.saraglove.com/Cotton-Gloves-s/4.htm

There is also another place where you can buy band gloves that are also 100% cotton and fingerless:

http://www.bandshoppe.com/catalog/productList.do?c=Gloves,Band_Gloves

Just some ideas. Peace ~ Cynthia

• thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    We are glad to hear you are

We are glad to hear you are doing better!   You have always been a positive influence on the forum.   

I used Moo Cream to help me with the cracked skin and rash.  

We are sending our thoughts and prayers for positive healing.

Best Always, mike

• marbleotis
    marbleotis Member Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Down down down

Great to read. Sorry about the side effects - chemo puts us through tons of horrible crap.  But the cea drop is tremendous.

• UncleBuddy
    UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Yay! Glad the CEA is down!

Sorry that you're so worn out and dealing with side effects, but hopefully it's all worth it! Here's to a cancer-free 2014 and beyond!

Lin