Options
2»

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

Carol, checking in is a grand idea!

Cancer treatment changes so rapidly, I wholeheartedly support your decision to do more research!

There is much promising news from the area of immune system research....I have, for the first time since hearing those 3 words, have hope for the future!

I was blessed with a wierd (at the time, growing up) immune system that was very strong.  In my life, I hardly ever got 'really sick', and shrugged off colds and flu easily and quickly.  I also healed quickly.  This was a family trait.  So, interestingly enough, was cancer.  As my sister puts is "Our family hardly ever gets sick, but when we do, we get life-threatening illnesses (she, too, has successfully battled her second primary cancer, just like me and our mom), but then recover."  

Last time I checked, there are at least 2 main research arms in the use of immune systems:  One is to load chemotherapy into a special cell that is designed to 'wake up' the system, and head straight for the cancer.  The other is the finding of one amino acid that, for some reason, masks the presence of cancer from the body's immune system.  Once this acid is turned 'off', the body sees the cancer, and vigorously attacks it!!!

I firmly believe that our immune systems are the key, and I hope you find some help in your battle through yours!

Big hugs!  Kathi

Carol, How are you doing ?

I am hoping this latest post - finds you in good spirits, and health.  Any updates ?

Please post when possible.

Gentle hugs,

Vicki Sam

• Different Ballgame
    Options
    camul said:

Thanks.
    Sometimes I think that I go into freeze mode for a while whrn I am afraid of the outcome. This is such a hard disease. What one doctor hasnat their disposal is so different than the one in the building next door, all because of alliances with university med centers or research centers, and here United Healthcare does not cover the U or big cancer center. Now that I am Medicare, they will cover as my primary. Utah is also one of 15 states that does not require insurance companies to cover trials as an accepted form of treatment for illnesses.
    If I would have changed to Select Health thru work, they only cover in Utah and Idaho, so if I was out of state, I only could have gotten coverage at a hospital if it was an emergency, and that would have been at 60%.
    So insurance companies really do dictate our medi al options in so many instances.
    Now I will just pray even harder, so far it has brought me this far...

You Keep Searching

Dear Carol,

You keep searching for a new solution.  Kudos for being strong.  This could be the one that will work for you.  Prayers are beig said that you will find it.

Lots of Hugs,

Janelle

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Carol, How are you doing ?

I am hoping this latest post - finds you in good spirits, and health.  Any updates ?

Please post when possible.

Gentle hugs,

Vicki Sam

I am doing ok.
    I am filling my prescription finally. Had ultrasound on veins to see if I have new clots, luckily I do not. What I do have is a right leg that keeps swelling up. It is sore tight and miserable. The coumaden is back level again. So hopefully, that will help. Have no idea what is causing pain and swelling and neither do the doctors.
    I am trying to stay up.
    On the post that Tasha did on prayer, Olga hit it on the nose. It is very hard to stay positive and not be angry when you are told your options are gone! Even with the second opinion, my onco of 12 years suggestiong Hospice, stays in your head.
    I sure can relate to Tasha being angry, and understand her feeling on God/prayer. It is not my take, but it has run through my mind. I don't care what the situation is, you need HOPE to keep going.

Hugs,
    Carol
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options
    camul said:

I am doing ok.
    I am filling my prescription finally. Had ultrasound on veins to see if I have new clots, luckily I do not. What I do have is a right leg that keeps swelling up. It is sore tight and miserable. The coumaden is back level again. So hopefully, that will help. Have no idea what is causing pain and swelling and neither do the doctors.
    I am trying to stay up.
    On the post that Tasha did on prayer, Olga hit it on the nose. It is very hard to stay positive and not be angry when you are told your options are gone! Even with the second opinion, my onco of 12 years suggestiong Hospice, stays in your head.
    I sure can relate to Tasha being angry, and understand her feeling on God/prayer. It is not my take, but it has run through my mind. I don't care what the situation is, you need HOPE to keep going.

Hugs,
    Carol

Fight On!

I don't come here often but when I do I check on your posts to see how you're doing. You have been thru a lot but it seems you always come out fighting. I admire your spirit and hope you keep on trying. When I was first diagnosed in 2009, my primary dr. called to give me the news. He was trying to comfort me but at the time I really didn't like what he said. His words were "Prepare for the worst but hope for the best". Now that is how I live my life, always conscious of what can happen but always hoping for better days. Who knows, what will or will not happen? Carol, you re a fighter and inspiring all of us. I do pray often for everyone here on this board because that's where I get comfort but I also understand anger and disappointment, pain and misery. Continue to hope for the best. You are much loved.