Newly diagnosed Lung Cancer both lungs with one question

Trishae
Trishae Member Posts: 2

Hi !  
I only have one question at this point - 

does anyone else here besides me - find they can *taste* things in the air ourside when breathing through your mouth to get air into the lungs?

I am SO tired of hearing "When I was pregnant my Dr said that was all in my head" (hate to tell you this lady but I`m 59/not pregnant and never had this issue until a month before I was diagnosed).  

Of Course I didn't *say* that - just thought it - but am weary of hearing normal people say essentially the same thing.

I have NO psych problems (other than worry until they get me started on some type of treatment)....but I think I am entiteled to a little worry at this point .

So far only MRI and CAT scans done with one type (cyst like) on the left side and (sighs because the paperwork is in my suitcase underneath Christmas boxes of decorations) - "tree shaped and rose bud shaped lung neo somethings = lung cancer) on the right that are through out my right lung and too small to biopsy.

My town is making me wait until the right side has grown enough they can biopsy and they give me the "correct chemo/radiation or medication" so they can kill the cells on both sides.  

SO if I am not alone - and you can taste what you breath through your mouth - and know why........could you please help me by validating this and if you have any information I can show others that would be fantastic !  <3

Trishae

Comments

• Trishae
    Trishae Member Posts: 2
    one question

Well I found out *why* I taste it .  There was a "disposible" turkey pan filled with caynenne pepper over oil facing my unit (dumpster to the side of unit) .  So sitting on the porch wasn't a good idea when I am already sick.  Therein was my problem and it's solved ! 

• dennycee
    dennycee Member Posts: 857 Member
    Of course you've a right to worry.

For Petes sake.  You have cancer.  Please know though that its not cancer until the biopsy says its cancer.   a doctor with decades if experience may think its cancer and be right but only after biopsy is done. 

i do not like that they will not treat left side until right side us larger.  Did they biopsy left side?  Results?  CT and PET scans can give false positives so you need these.   Infections can cause cells to appear like neoplasms.   They cannot biopsy a growth until it is 10 mm long, otherwise they risk giving a false negative.  

Please consider getting a second a opinion right away.  Go to one of these NIH associated hospitals.  Contact them and they will take care Of getting copies if all tests reports and biopsies.   

http://cancercenters.cancer.gov/cancer_centers/index.html

• dennycee
    dennycee Member Posts: 857 Member
    Trishae said:

one question

Well I found out *why* I taste it .  There was a "disposible" turkey pan filled with caynenne pepper over oil facing my unit (dumpster to the side of unit) .  So sitting on the porch wasn't a good idea when I am already sick.  Therein was my problem and it's solved ! 

Lol!

You will find that there are moments, sites, sounds, smells and tastes that come to mean a lot to you.