My one year Cancervarsary!

Options
Pamela B
Pamela B Member Posts: 108

It's my one year Cancerversary!  One year ago today I had surgery and was diagnosed with Stage three Ovarian Cancer.   Still a shock when I think about it.  But through the support, kindness, and information I found with this wonderful group of woman I came through it.  You answered all my dumb questions and told me exactly what to expect.  I had no fear gong into chemo because of all the answers I received here.  With the help of traditional and non traditional doctors I am in remission and feeling better than ever. I appreciate everyone and everything in my life so much more now. I know I should come to this site more often but I have been getting on with life after cancer and making the most of whatever time (hopefully long) I have left.  Thanks, all of you, for the love and laughter I always find on this forum.  Love you all.

Comments

• Alnik
    Alnik Member Posts: 56
    Options
    Dec 11 two years

Tommorrow is two years from the day i found out i have stage 3 as well. I still do not know what to make of all of this. I just did another round of chemo Fri. still feeling the awful effects. Just hoping the New Year will bring new things new hope new trials and hopfully the year for a Cure!! Thank you all for two years of words, wisdom, support and all the strength you have given me!

• poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Alnik said:

Dec 11 two years

Tommorrow is two years from the day i found out i have stage 3 as well. I still do not know what to make of all of this. I just did another round of chemo Fri. still feeling the awful effects. Just hoping the New Year will bring new things new hope new trials and hopfully the year for a Cure!! Thank you all for two years of words, wisdom, support and all the strength you have given me!

Take each day as a gift

we are here and we are strong survivors. I am thankful for this site and great people I have "met" along the way. Stay strong ...Val 

• lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options

Take each day as a gift

we are here and we are strong survivors. I am thankful for this site and great people I have "met" along the way. Stay strong ...Val 

Dear Pamela, Alnik and Val

Wishing you and our other teal sisters long and happy lives.  Pamela, congratulations on your one year cancerversary and Alnik, congratulations on your two year cancerversary!  I think I understand what you're saying - it's a weird thing; sometimes I think to myself, "I've actually had cancer!"  A part of me still can't believe it.

Celebrate and best wishes!

Kelly

• Alexandra
    Alexandra Member Posts: 1,308
    Options
    Congratulations Pamela and Alnik

I see it as a second chance to get your life together and straighten out your priorities.

Many happy and healthy years to you and your loved ones.

(((HUGS)))   Alexandra

• kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    So happy for you

Please continue to enjoy your life and just remember to check in from time to time so we know you are alright. 

Karen