Been away

poopergirl14052
poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member

was very ill last week..low immunity..dehydration...rectal abcess...( ouch) and low mag and potassium. Was on IV fluids and antibiotics. My abcess and to be cut and drained...very painful. Can't complain about the care I received as I new most off staff. I came home last Thursday ...weak but getting better...appetite is better. I have not baked or shopped yet..still time. I am not giving up....Val 

2013-12-09

Comments

• scatsm
    scatsm Member Posts: 296 Member
    Val. don't ever give up!

You will get through this!

Sending you positive vibes...hoping you'll have the strength to enjoy the holidays.

All the best,

Susan

• Alexandra
    Alexandra Member Posts: 1,308
    Ouch, indeed! Glad you're home and feeling better Val.
    Every day I look at your pictures on FB.
    FUKITOL® 1000 mg was priceless. With ever cancer dx they should dispense a bucket of FUKITOL®

Hugs,
    Alexandra
  • poopergirl14052
    Alexandra said:

Ouch, indeed! Glad you're home and feeling better Val.
    Every day I look at your pictures on FB.
    FUKITOL® 1000 mg was priceless. With ever cancer dx they should dispense a bucket of FUKITOL®

Hugs,
    Alexandra

That is why I post

to make us laugh and forget for a few minutes.....share as you please my friend. I try to keep it clean..but sometimes.....val

2013-12-09

• Alexandra
    Alexandra Member Posts: 1,308

That is why I post

to make us laugh and forget for a few minutes.....share as you please my friend. I try to keep it clean..but sometimes.....val

2013-12-09

When Life Just Blows...FUKITOL!
    2 days ago my company announced plant closure in Bradford, ON Canada leaving 750+ people unemployed before Christmas. I forwarded this picture to a bunch of friends, they sure need a laugh.
  • lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Alexandra said:

When Life Just Blows...FUKITOL!
    2 days ago my company announced plant closure in Bradford, ON Canada leaving 750+ people unemployed before Christmas. I forwarded this picture to a bunch of friends, they sure need a laugh.

Dear Val

I admire your strength and attitude!  Sending you lots of good thoughts and prayers that each day is a better day!  And you still have time to do that Christmas shopping.

Hugs,

Kelly

• kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    Glad you are doing better.

I haven't started shopping yet either.  I barely finished decorating and what I did is on a smaller scale than usual.  Physically I am ok but as you all know it isn't always easy to "put on a happy face" with this disease.  I started seeing my shrink a couple weeks ago.  She helped me through a difficult time a few years ago.

I am so grateful for all of you.  This journey would be unbearable without you.  Val, I especially like your posts on Facebook.   I get a good laugh.  Dont worry about being clean, hell with what we've been through the least we deserve is a good laugh.

I hope you continue to get better and can really enjoy the holidays. 

Karen

• azgrandma
    azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
    glad your back

so glad your back

• mom2greatkids
    mom2greatkids Member Posts: 528
    azgrandma said:

glad your back

so glad your back

I was just thinking about

I was just thinking about the other day.  You have so much courage.  YOu are one tough girl!!  :)  Carla

• JoanC
    JoanC Member Posts: 231
    Glad you are better

Val,

So glad to know you are out of hospital and feeling better. That was a very big ouch.....I had something very similar and know how painful!!

Sending hugs and prayers for speedy recovery.

(((HUGS))) Joan

• Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    Oh, Val

So sorry to hear of this! I know you'll rally, but take it slowly, ok? I'm trying to come back from a nasty round of chemo and see the holidays (which I'm NOT going to miss, either) looming closer. I'm shopping online and still planning on baking, etc. I think I'll make dough one day and bake the next. I know it's silly and the world wouldn't stop without sugar cookies, but you know how it is.

I hope you're feeling better and please try not to overdo............    (((((HUGS))))   Maria

• Cafewoman53
    Cafewoman53 Member Posts: 735 Member
    I hope you feel better soon !

I'm so glad you are home from the hospital because even with the best of care there is no place like home.

Christmas will survive with a few less cookies if need be and you being home is the best gift your family needs so try to relax and enjoy the holiday. I get stressed about all the little things but try to let it go .Rest up and feel better my friend

Colleen

• Rosamond M
    Rosamond M Member Posts: 86 Member
    Been Away.

You are such a brave person Val

Such a strong and impressive gal.

I love your cheerful optimism

Which shows no sign of pessimism.

What a beautiful photo of you

And that gorgeous little dog too!

Best wishes are coming from  over the sea

All the way to YOU from ME!

• poopergirl14052

Been Away.

You are such a brave person Val

Such a strong and impressive gal.

I love your cheerful optimism

Which shows no sign of pessimism.

What a beautiful photo of you

And that gorgeous little dog too!

Best wishes are coming from  over the sea

All the way to YOU from ME!

You ladies are the best

2013-12-17thank you all for the encouraging words.....Rosemond...I love the poem. I am getting stronger every day. Merry Christmas and Happy HEALTHY New Year....stay strong ....Val

• mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member

You ladies are the best

2013-12-17thank you all for the encouraging words.....Rosemond...I love the poem. I am getting stronger every day. Merry Christmas and Happy HEALTHY New Year....stay strong ....Val

LOVE YOUR NEW PHOTO!

Stay strong, Val.  You are an inspiration.  Be encouraged - better days are ahead!

(((HUGS))) & PRAYERS!

Monika