Finally some good news for all with mucositis mouth sores

Options
PJ47
PJ47 Member Posts: 376
edited November 2013 in Head and Neck Cancer #1

Hello all you great survivors, this is "discouraged" who has been batteling severe pain from a failed g-tube surgery last week  and a whole mouth full of ulcers.

Yesterday, at a desperate attempt to get a second opinion on what my R/O thought was thrush, I went to my dentist.  He agreed with me it was radiation induced ulcers not thrush.  He then offered to have me try a laser machine he just got to help mouth ulcers heal.  Guess what, it is working, my tongue ulcers look better and no pain on them currently!  He did not treat the ulcers on the back of my throat so they are still sore, but I can eat soft scrambled eggs and soft bread.  

I am so excited about this and plan to have mashed potatoes, gravy and maybe even some stuffing if it is not too spicy tomorrow!  I have a lot to be thankful for.  For all yall and for my dentist you're all my heroes/heroines.  Wanted to get the word about this laser thing it has worked wonders on the ulcers.  It kills the nerve endings and cleans them up so they heal faster.  Yes Yes Yes!

PJ

Comments

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Hi PJ

You really have something to be thankful for this holiday season, no pain.I am glad you finally got some good news

God Bless

Hondo

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    laser

PJ,

All I  got was a teeth cleaning and a fluoride treatment.

Very interesting development.

Keep working the system, score one for PJ.

Matt

• lornal
    lornal Member Posts: 428
    Options
    Great

That is great news.  Hope you can eat some Thanksgiving Dinner.  I just had my 12th dilation for swallowing.  When I can swallow food, I stay away from citrus because of sores developing on my tounge and inside my mouth.  I'll gave to ask the dentist about that next time I go (ha ha - its been about 3 years - I really should go)

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Lorna

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    PJ, u don't seem discouraged

PJ, u don't seem discouraged anymore!  I truly hope u can eat some tomorrow.  Happy Thanksgiving.

God Bless You,

dj

• hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

PJ, u don't seem discouraged

PJ, u don't seem discouraged anymore!  I truly hope u can eat some tomorrow.  Happy Thanksgiving.

God Bless You,

dj

thanks for posting

Sounds as if it is working! Hopefully, it will be a solution for others to follow. Happy Thanksgiving!

• TracyLynn72
    TracyLynn72 Member Posts: 839
    Options
    Great news!

I am so glad to hear you've gotten some relief!  Enjoy your Thanksgiving tomorrow.  We all have a lot to be thankful for! 

• j4mie
    j4mie Member Posts: 218
    Options
    So happy to hear!

It's always nice to hear good news! Now, you can add one more thing to your 'I'm Thankful for' list! Have a good Thanksgiving. Smile

Jamie

• spector551
    spector551 Member Posts: 109
    Options
    Glad to hear it PJ!
    Something

Glad to hear it PJ!

Something to be Thankful for on Thanksgiving!

God Bless,

Jamie