Started thinking about Thanksgiving.

lp1964
lp1964 Member Posts: 1,239 Member

Still a few days away, but started thinking about Turkey Day earlier this year. Unlike according to the Mayan calendar my tough year turned out to be 2013. 

Even though I got my bad news in May, worked through some hard days with chemo and radiation and lost a few body parts I still have so much good left in my life plus grained even more. Got married to my beautiful wife, got closer to my daughter, siblings and friends. First time in my life I needed help and wasn't too proud or scared to ask for help. 

During my journey I saw the best of humanity in the medical offices, labs, hospitals and here on this forum.

So I'm thankful for all of the above.

Laz

Comments

• Marianne313
    Marianne313 Member Posts: 124
    thankful

As cold as this may sound, I'm glad it's all over and my family who passed (3) are at rest. I am thankful for my time with them. If not for them getting cancer I would not have had time to spend with them because they would not have needed my help.

I wish you all many many healthy happy years to come.

Congratulations on your marriage. :) stay happy, stay hopeful.

Marianne

• UncleBuddy
    UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member
    Happy Thanksgiving!

I wish you much happiness and health!!!

Lin

• sharpy102
    sharpy102 Member Posts: 368 Member

Happy Thanksgiving!

I wish you much happiness and health!!!

Lin

I'm bad

I'm bad...I don't celebrate Thanksgiving, or Christmas. Nothing to be thankful for...please people don't think of me as rude, or disrespectful, but if there's god, he definitely hates me and that's why he punished me. He is not a nice man, I think. >.<

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    sharpy102 said:

I'm bad

I'm bad...I don't celebrate Thanksgiving, or Christmas. Nothing to be thankful for...please people don't think of me as rude, or disrespectful, but if there's god, he definitely hates me and that's why he punished me. He is not a nice man, I think. >.<

Sharpy
    Your post makes me so sad. You sure have been dealt a crappy hand, but i look forward to the day that things change for you. I think in the next few years things will change for the better. I hope you have someone in your life to talk to and lean on. Try to let yourself be open to happiness... your mom would want you to be happy. Im so sorry you've had so much heartache.
  • UncleBuddy
    UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member
    sharpy102 said:

I'm bad

You're not bad,

you're obviously in a lot of pain. I am so sorry that you have gone through everything you did. We all have a right to believe what we believe, but I hope you are able to move on with your life and be happy. As a caregiver, it is very tough on the heart. 

Lin

• karguy
    karguy Member Posts: 1,020 Member
    Happy thanksgiving

Yes you do meet the nicest people during treatment,and on this board.I'm glad you are doing better,and congratulations on your marriage.I hope you have many more happy thanksgivings to come.

• sharpy102
    sharpy102 Member Posts: 368 Member
    jen2012 said:

Sharpy
    Your post makes me so sad. You sure have been dealt a crappy hand, but i look forward to the day that things change for you. I think in the next few years things will change for the better. I hope you have someone in your life to talk to and lean on. Try to let yourself be open to happiness... your mom would want you to be happy. Im so sorry you've had so much heartache.

Thank you Lin and Jen

Thank you for both of your messages....uhm....I hope you're right Jen about something good later on. I feel like the image I have on displayed...close to something good, yet cannot reach it...indeed, sometimes I think it is going the opposite way...I feel that I am getting farther form things that used to be only an arm away from me.
    I am learnning that people hold back a lot of stuff about death...especially about how long it takes until all those die in your heart whom you loved the most...but...yeah, be right, and maybe some day I'll be very happy. It's when these holidays and stuff that are coming up when I find myself so alone. I often fantasize about how an average person goes home and have a dinner table with nice table cloth on top of it and nicely set and there warm food awaits. LOL Ok, I'm so pathetic, I should just forget this. Sorry about that! Anyway, happy thanksgiving to you all. Sorry I will not complain again. You guys have enough on your plates. Take care! Bye bye!