Options
2»

Comments

• debrajo
    debrajo Member Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options
    Alexandra said:

Sorry if I sounded pushy

If I didn't live in the frozen land of free healthcare and maple syrup, I would have taken this kid to MD Anderson myself. And would've grabbed some PARP inhibitors for me on my way out.

crock!

...and when Auntie Alexandra takes you by the hand and gets you to M.D. Anderson, I'll be waiting there to greet you and have a place for you all to stay!  Heck, I only live 90 minutes  from Houston!  What that dr. told you is a crock!  You DO NOT HAVE AN EXPERATIONMDATE STAMPED ON YOUR FOREHEAD!  Unless you get hit by a Mac truck today you have life, love, hope, and a long list of things to do!  DO NOT GIVE UP.  Crying is wasted energy.  Get mad, throw a hissy fit,punch someone in the nose, but don't give up.  OK, rant over!  Best Debra

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Alexandra said:

Sorry if I sounded pushy

If I didn't live in the frozen land of free healthcare and maple syrup, I would have taken this kid to MD Anderson myself. And would've grabbed some PARP inhibitors for me on my way out.

Not pushy at all.

If I recur, I'm off to Dana Farber in a flash.  My daughter lives in Boston and wanted me to do it first time around.

• scatsm
    scatsm Member Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Syn

I'm here too, rooting for you!

Where do you live? If you are in the US then there are lots of resources. The internet makes sharing info easy and most really good medical centers are connected to the most current reasearch. 

The women on this board are very wise...don't give up til your last breath...and maybe not even then!

All the best,

Susan

• Qing2013
    Qing2013 Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Syn

Alexandra is right! RUN for the second opinion! MD Anderson has won the number one cancer center this year again. Get on their website and call the toll free number. They will tell you what documents they need from you, collect everything fax to them. I got my appointment scheduled with them in two weeks when I did that. Please DO NOT GIVE UP! There are some other new ways to fight cancer you have not tried yet. We are all on your side. you are in my pray,

Qing

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    syn said:

I just spoke with my dr this morning about the biopsy and the chemo update. This will be short, sweet and to the point and I'll come back later to clear it up - just about to go to lunch with my mom. The lump was indeed the ovarian cancer. He said that it was very rare for it to have spread to my breast, but that it happens occasionally. He also said that the chemo didn't appear to be working.

So basically, they COULD try a different kind of chemo, but none of the doctors are optomistic about the odds of success. They're trying to do some biological testing on what they took out of the mass in my breast to see if there might be a different, viable avenue. Since it's so rare, especially with my age, perhaps there's a chance of them finding a weakness in it that they could exploit. So they gave me a rough estimate of six months to live in the meantime. And if that happens, I plan on donating my body to try to find a cure.

I'll pop back in later. Gonna go cry my eyes out over a rack of ribs or something.

Second Opinion, Third too if necessary - #^$^#@doctor

Syn:

Alexandra is so right.   You need to get away from the doctor you are currently with.    I know too well about doctors.   I have gone through a number of them.   Yesterday (Dec 5th) must not have been a good doctor day because I didn't like my doc visit at all yesterday.    Forget about me, you are way too young to be given this type of trouble.   You need to seek out a doctor who is willing to go with your needs.   No doctor whatsoever should give you an estimate.   It just means that that doctor doesn't want to try something different from the book.   It may hurt his reprutation, yada yada yada.    You deserve to be treated with respect and dignity.  Go any where that is possible to do this.   You are the one in the driver's seat.  Keep seeking until you find the right fit for you.

Sending you hugs.

Kathy

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Qing2013 said:

Syn

Alexandra is right! RUN for the second opinion! MD Anderson has won the number one cancer center this year again. Get on their website and call the toll free number. They will tell you what documents they need from you, collect everything fax to them. I got my appointment scheduled with them in two weeks when I did that. Please DO NOT GIVE UP! There are some other new ways to fight cancer you have not tried yet. We are all on your side. you are in my pray,

Qing

Syn

We haven't heard from you for awhile.  Hope we didn't come on so strong that we scared you off.  We just want to help but will respect however you choose to handle this.