I did a little research about Disney...for Cypress Cynthia!!

Options
lizzie17
lizzie17 Member Posts: 548

Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts are launching a new program designed for Guests who are unable to tolerate extended waits at attractions due to a disability. The new program allows Guest with Disabilities to avoid standing in line by providing scheduled return times. This new program will continue to serve Guests who truly need it while helping control abuse in the current program that was, unfortunately, widespread and growing at an alarming rate.

The new Disability Access Service (DAS) Card will replace the Guest Assistance Card on October 9. Guests at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort can request a Disability Access Service Card at Guest Relations. DAS Cardholders will receive a return time for attractions based on the current wait time.

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Lizzie, you are just the

Lizzie, you are just the best!  I will call tomorrow.  Thank you so much.

• lizzie17
    lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
    Options

Lizzie, you are just the

Lizzie, you are just the best!  I will call tomorrow.  Thank you so much.

you are welcome!

Have fun!!

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    GAC- recently was revamped

GAC- recently was revamped believe it or not due to people Pretending to NEED speical assistance when there is NO need-just to get past the lines. So the modified it to help guests and less likely other can scam the system. They can not ask for Dr note etc due to privacy.

Disney does a great job with all special needs from children to adults.

one trip I had my mom in a wheelchair and my 12 yr old in one too (cast on leg few days before our trip).

Denise

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    As you can tell I am a Disney

As you can tell I am a Disney nut and go annually if not more. Any questions let me know.

Denise

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

As you can tell I am a Disney

As you can tell I am a Disney nut and go annually if not more. Any questions let me know.

Denise

Iizzie .. YOU R WONDERFUL --

I am sure this will assist CC and her family - hoping more arena's and venues continue this process ..

Vicki Sam