TW

TillieSOK
TillieSOK Member Posts: 252

Has anyone heard anything about Trevor?  I've been very worried because I haven't seen anything at all for quite awhile.  Please tell me he is doing better?

«13

Comments

  • twinthings
    twinthings Member Posts: 409
    wondering the same

    I've wondered the same thing, Tillie.  Praying he's OK. 

  • garym
    garym Member Posts: 1,647
    The place ain't the same without him...

    About a month ago there was word from his daughter that he had been admitted to the hospital with acute renal failure, that he was gently fading, and that it was time to say our goodbyes.  There has been no word since that I am aware of.  Wherever he may be, I pray that he is at peace, I miss him.

  • GSRon
    GSRon Member Posts: 1,303 Member
    garym said:

    The place ain't the same without him...

    About a month ago there was word from his daughter that he had been admitted to the hospital with acute renal failure, that he was gently fading, and that it was time to say our goodbyes.  There has been no word since that I am aware of.  Wherever he may be, I pray that he is at peace, I miss him.

    Heavy sigh...

    I too think of TW daily... but the lack of any info lead me to believe we have lost him some time ago...  it puts tears in my eyes, even as I type this..  I felt a closeness that I can not describe... Peace brother...

    Ron

  • Alexandra
    Alexandra Member Posts: 1,308
    It is very sad

    I just called his place of employment and they told me that several weeks ago Trevor James Powell passed away. I asked them to give the family the condolences from all CSN members who loved and respected him.

    Rest in peace dear Texas Wedge.

  • srbelle1
    srbelle1 Member Posts: 123
    Alexandra said:

    It is very sad

    I just called his place of employment and they told me that several weeks ago Trevor James Powell passed away. I asked them to give the family the condolences from all CSN members who loved and respected him.

    Rest in peace dear Texas Wedge.

    very sad news; expected but

    very sad news; expected but very sad. RIP, TW, RIP

    Sarah

  • garym
    garym Member Posts: 1,647
    Alexandra said:

    It is very sad

    I just called his place of employment and they told me that several weeks ago Trevor James Powell passed away. I asked them to give the family the condolences from all CSN members who loved and respected him.

    Rest in peace dear Texas Wedge.

    Very sad indeed...

    Thanks for the confirmation Alex, it is as I thought, but good to know for certain.  Have I told you all lately how much I HATE CANCER!!!

    Rest in peace T

  • cubsfan9
    cubsfan9 Member Posts: 69 Member
    garym said:

    Very sad indeed...

    Thanks for the confirmation Alex, it is as I thought, but good to know for certain.  Have I told you all lately how much I HATE CANCER!!!

    Rest in peace T

    Sad news

    Good Morning!

    Isn't it interesting that you feel as if you know people on the discussion boards, even though you have never met.  Obviously the closeness is due to the fact that we have a common, albeit terrible, bond of being in the RCC "family".  I read posts on this forum for several months before actually joining and always learned so much from TW's posts--about medical issues and about coping with the disease and all of its baggage.

    Sharon

  • Suekub
    Suekub Member Posts: 137
    cubsfan9 said:

    Sad news

    Good Morning!

    Isn't it interesting that you feel as if you know people on the discussion boards, even though you have never met.  Obviously the closeness is due to the fact that we have a common, albeit terrible, bond of being in the RCC "family".  I read posts on this forum for several months before actually joining and always learned so much from TW's posts--about medical issues and about coping with the disease and all of its baggage.

    Sharon

    Too sad

    It is indeed very sad news. RIP.

     

  • Eims
    Eims Member Posts: 423
    Such Sad News

    I haven't been on here for a while and this is the first message I see when I came on.  It is really such sad news that Tex has gone but his advice and wealth of information that helped a lot of us on here will go on for a very long time.  He did a lot for so many on this site which I for one will be forever grateful.  Rest In Peace Tex.

    Eims x

  • NanoSecond
    NanoSecond Member Posts: 653
    Alexandra said:

    It is very sad

    I just called his place of employment and they told me that several weeks ago Trevor James Powell passed away. I asked them to give the family the condolences from all CSN members who loved and respected him.

    Rest in peace dear Texas Wedge.

    So sad

    I really feel like I have lost an elder brother. 

    Goodbye my dear friend.

    Words fail...

  • donna_lee
    donna_lee Member Posts: 1,041 Member
    Eims said:

    Such Sad News

    I haven't been on here for a while and this is the first message I see when I came on.  It is really such sad news that Tex has gone but his advice and wealth of information that helped a lot of us on here will go on for a very long time.  He did a lot for so many on this site which I for one will be forever grateful.  Rest In Peace Tex.

    Eims x

    I'll never be able to remember Scotland without thinking of Texas Wedge.  He was a source of information and inspiration to all of us.  May his spirit live long.  His heart was as big as Texas and his quest for knowledge regarding kidney cancer was just as large.  The fact that he could and did share with all of us endeared him to everyone.

    I'll toast you with Oban this evening, my friend.

    Donna

  • foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    donna_lee said:

    I'll never be able to remember Scotland without thinking of Texas Wedge.  He was a source of information and inspiration to all of us.  May his spirit live long.  His heart was as big as Texas and his quest for knowledge regarding kidney cancer was just as large.  The fact that he could and did share with all of us endeared him to everyone.

    I'll toast you with Oban this evening, my friend.

    Donna

    Sad

    Wedgie and I joined this site about the same time. We shared our optimism and encouragement. He became a valuable friend. One of many from this forum. He will be missed. Love you my friend.

  • danbren2
    danbren2 Member Posts: 311
    foxhd said:

    Sad

    Wedgie and I joined this site about the same time. We shared our optimism and encouragement. He became a valuable friend. One of many from this forum. He will be missed. Love you my friend.

    Very Sad

    Tex was the first to make me realize cancer was not an overnight death.  He was kind, informative, and very confident about fighting the fight and not giving up.  Thanks Tex, much love to you and I will miss you terribly!

                                                                                                               Brenda

  • TillieSOK
    TillieSOK Member Posts: 252
    danbren2 said:

    Very Sad

    Tex was the first to make me realize cancer was not an overnight death.  He was kind, informative, and very confident about fighting the fight and not giving up.  Thanks Tex, much love to you and I will miss you terribly!

                                                                                                               Brenda

    I wish I could take this post

    I wish I could take this post back, asking if Tex was alright, because I really didn't want to hear that he was gone.  I'm so sorry for his family's loss and for our loss of a gruff, put up with no BS, loveable gentleman.  Damn!  I hate to hear this.

  • Djinnie
    Djinnie Member Posts: 945
    Saddest News!

    I was beginning to fear the worst, but did not want to voice it! Trevor was an amazing man, I shall miss his wisdom and guidance, he is irreplaceable! Rest in peace dear friend!

     

    Djinnie x

     

  • cran1
    cran1 Member Posts: 139

    Rest in peace TW..

  • srbelle1
    srbelle1 Member Posts: 123
    Alexandra said:

    It is very sad

    I just called his place of employment and they told me that several weeks ago Trevor James Powell passed away. I asked them to give the family the condolences from all CSN members who loved and respected him.

    Rest in peace dear Texas Wedge.

    by the time I joined, TW was

    by the time I joined, TW was quite ill and exhausted most treatments; what will stay with me as defining of his character was his repeated admonitions that his cancer was unusual and that his outcome should not cause anyone to become more fearful.

    a man who had endured what he had and who was facing death found the energy, attitude and care to think of others that he knew only through an online connection speaks volumes to his character.

    sarah

  • DMike
    DMike Member Posts: 259
    Sad

    Godspeed TW. I think about you every day and I will continue to remember you fondly.

    David

  • Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising Member Posts: 170
    Speechless.

    Speechless, and in tears.

  • angec
    angec Member Posts: 924 Member
    Alexandra said:

    It is very sad

    I just called his place of employment and they told me that several weeks ago Trevor James Powell passed away. I asked them to give the family the condolences from all CSN members who loved and respected him.

    Rest in peace dear Texas Wedge.

    Thank you Alex for the

    Thank you Alex for the confirmation!  I knew in my heart he was gone, but did not want to accept it!  We all love Trevor and rightly so.  Our dear friend was so brave and uplifting right up into his end!  In fact, when he was told that there was nothing else that can be done, he took this very well and was very content with it. I will miss him greatly!  I know that I will see him again and that will keep me going!  He wants us all to be strong, keep fighting and keep being there for one another. 

    In Trevor's honor and memory, I have tried to link his picture to my name. This is the picture of the Owl he took and sent me not so long ago.  Each time we see it we will remember him and how the Owl was seen through his eyes!  I hope I uploaded it correctly so if we don't see it maybe someone can write me and let me know how to do it correctly.  That was one of the first emails i ever got from TW last year, telling me how to upload my pic!  Life will not be the same without Trevor.

    I pray for his family to be strong and hope they are well. Love you so much, Trevor, miss you terribly! Always in my heart!  XOOX  Thank you for all you have done for us all!