What is worse then not having Saliva.

Options
2»

Comments

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Holding on to life

Thanks you all, I have found that in my getting old and having cancer the only things that really matters is my relationship to my God, and my Wife & Children. I have come closer to my Lord then I have ever came before, learning to lean on Him in my times of darkness and distress.

As David said in the Psalm:  For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me. I find that there is no better place to be then in the pavilion of God’s love and mercy. And having my Children and Wife to hold and give me engorgement and prayer to keep fighting the battle is the inner strength I need every day. One of the many blessings God have giving is my daughter who makes sure I am staying on track with everything and eating healthy. I give her a little hell now and then because she is always looking something new that I need to do to keep healthy. I know it is because she loves me and that is why our relationship has become a lot closer over the years.

Sometimes we become so involved in our fight with cancer we don’t have time to realize what God has giving us. Life is so very dear to each of us and we struggle and fight everyday for just one day more. One day more to enjoy the beauty of life and to hold on to the things so dear to us. And when this life is over we lay down to sleep in the peace of know that this life is only a stepping stone to a better life. I hope to someday look back at this life with all of you and laugh about what we went through here on this earth, and to know and understand the reason why God let's bad things happen to good people. Then to just sit at his feet and to thanks Him for all the times in my trials of darkness and distress when I was beating to the lowest point of life, that he came and picked me up and held me in His arms to strength me to go one more day.

God Bless

Tim Hondo  

• Hondo
    Options
    Hi Ann

I know how you feel; anyone can do me anything but do not try it on my children. We are there protectors in life to keep them safe and when someone tries to hurt them they hit bone on us. It is a wonder how we let the little things in life bother us, I am no different. I try everyday and I pray everyday that God will help me so that I can rest assure in His guiding hand, and try to love even my enemies who do all they can to hurt me.

Spitting, I still serve as an Elder in my Church and sometimes it is my duty to go before the congregation and speak. That is when I normally end-up getting a big mouth full of spit; I can’t come down from the pulpit so I reach in my jacket and pull out a big paper towel and make as if I am wiping my noise. No one ever sees that I am really spitting into the paper towel, well no one except God and He don’t seem to mind.   

God Bless you and your family

Tim Hondo

• greg from pa
    greg from pa Member Posts: 86
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Ann

I know how you feel; anyone can do me anything but do not try it on my children. We are there protectors in life to keep them safe and when someone tries to hurt them they hit bone on us. It is a wonder how we let the little things in life bother us, I am no different. I try everyday and I pray everyday that God will help me so that I can rest assure in His guiding hand, and try to love even my enemies who do all they can to hurt me.

Spitting, I still serve as an Elder in my Church and sometimes it is my duty to go before the congregation and speak. That is when I normally end-up getting a big mouth full of spit; I can’t come down from the pulpit so I reach in my jacket and pull out a big paper towel and make as if I am wiping my noise. No one ever sees that I am really spitting into the paper towel, well no one except God and He don’t seem to mind.   

God Bless you and your family

Tim Hondo

H &N survivor from 2010
    You probably dont or maybe you do remember me. You and a couple of the others were a great encouragement to me when I was going through treatment in 2010.declared NED in that department in late 2010. Since then I moved over to the prostate cancer discussion board to talk about another minor inconvienece. I always enjoyed this board.The H & N survivors seem to be alot more light hearted. (not a bitter one among you folks that I could see) I hope all is going well with you.I was encouraged about your story of speaking to the congregation and how God shows you ways to cope with the effects of treatment. you are an inspiration...God Bless you and yours
  • Hondo
    Options

H &N survivor from 2010
    You probably dont or maybe you do remember me. You and a couple of the others were a great encouragement to me when I was going through treatment in 2010.declared NED in that department in late 2010. Since then I moved over to the prostate cancer discussion board to talk about another minor inconvienece. I always enjoyed this board.The H & N survivors seem to be alot more light hearted. (not a bitter one among you folks that I could see) I hope all is going well with you.I was encouraged about your story of speaking to the congregation and how God shows you ways to cope with the effects of treatment. you are an inspiration...God Bless you and yours

Hi Greg

Thanks for dropping by and glad to know you are still here with us.

God Bless

Hondo