I'm just so mad!! And sad.

I'm feeling a variety of emotions tonight.  TWO ladies that I know were diagnosed with breast cancer this week.  TWO in one week!  Plus another friends' father in law was given 6 weeks to live with lung cancer (stage IV and has spread pretty much everywhere).  Every single time I hear of someone I know getting that diagnosis it feels like I've been punched in the stomach.  I remember how I felt and all that went through my mind.  My heart truly aches for these families tonight.  I've already told them all to absolutely NOT Google anything and I've directed them all to this site.  I want to thank each of you - from the bottom of my heart - for being there for me when I was at my lowest.  Y'all make such a difference in peoples' lives.  I pray to be as encouraging to the ones just starting their journeys as y'all were to me.  Love, prayers and best wishes to everyone!  

Comments

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    cancer all around us

Tracy,

There is no easy answer to why some people get cancer and others do not.  I thought I was out of the woods, over 55, don’t drink or smoke and in good health.  How wrong I was.

I do find my life less at dodging cancer and instead (grudgingly) accepting it with hope for successful treatment.  Cancer is truly an insidious, stealthy monster which has no bounds.

Taking the best parts we’ve learned from the H&N forum and we will do all right.

Matt

• hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    CivilMatt said:

cancer all around us

Tracy,

There is no easy answer to why some people get cancer and others do not.  I thought I was out of the woods, over 55, don’t drink or smoke and in good health.  How wrong I was.

I do find my life less at dodging cancer and instead (grudgingly) accepting it with hope for successful treatment.  Cancer is truly an insidious, stealthy monster which has no bounds.

Taking the best parts we’ve learned from the H&N forum and we will do all right.

Matt

Always sorry to hear

Two weeks ago, my brother's good friend lost his niece to brain cancer. She was 16 years old. They are a family that had access to every available option but in the end cancer won.  There was a 3 1/2 hour wait to get in to the visitation so many lives were affected by the tragic loss of such a loved young one. Just heartbreaking. I am so sorry for your friends and just as much so for their families and loved ones. Good for you in paying it forward by helping others through their journeys. Mad and sad too! 

• Duggie88
    Duggie88 Member Posts: 760 Member
    Tracy

Sorry to hear of the bad news times 3. After battling cancer, it becomes a dirty word and one that tends to infuraite us whenever we hear that it raised it's harsh hand at someone and especially at someone we know. I was with the CEO of Cancer Treatment Centers of America two weeks ago and he stated that cancer will attack 1 out of 2 people sometime in their life. That is one hell of a scarey thought. A friend of mine who use to pitch for the Phillies has a team member who has cancer and I got word to him that he should come to this site for information and support. I stressed that the nice part is nobody has to know who he is and he can be less of a celebrity and more of a survivor.

I also remember your rough days. Glad you made it through the initiation to this wonderful club.

Jeff

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    tracy, i know how u feel!  i

tracy, i know how u feel!  i lost a cousin to braib cancer 1 month ago and i have a friend who is terminal w/ovarian cancer.  i have another friend in her late 30s/early 40s and the mother of a young daughter (8/9 yrs old) who is also terminal w/colon cancer.  it tears my heart to pieces to know so many are suffering from this horrible disease.  its seems like everyday we hear of another person be'n diagnosed or have lost their battle.  i just keep praying hard for everyone and for a cure.  for now thats all we can do.  that and be there for them when they need us and do our best to help them stay positive and continue to fight.

prayers for you ALL!

dj

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Hi Tracy

We all know the feeling you are going through, because we have all been there. It is so hard when I hear some of my friends call and say I was told I have cancer and I don’t know what to do. It brings back memories that we had hope to put away forever but now find them afresh in our heart as we feel for others who we love and care for. But then we realize maybe this is the reason God has let me have cancer first in order to help others who will come after me, to show them the way and just have faith in God.      

Never under estimate the prayer of faith and what it can do, what Satan means for harm God can turn into a blessing. Sometime our job is only to lead them to know God.

I pray that you will have the right words to say and at the right time to help others in your path.

God Bless

Tim Hondo