Worried!

i was diagnosed with stage 3b cervical cancer in Febuary. I finished internal and external radiation and 3 out of 6 rounds of chemo. My blood cell count went way to far out of wack tot finish. i am due for my 3 month pet scan/check up next week. This week I have notice significant swelling in the pubic bone area, plus I am having issues with severe stomach blotting. I am terrified of the cancer coming back. I was just wondering if maybe anyone else had these problems and maybe they are just post treatment issue's? 

Comments

• ccfighter
    ccfighter Member Posts: 476
    Hi,
    this could totally be

Hi,

this could totally be treatment related from the radiation damaging your lymph nodes.  The swelling could be lymphadema.  I am glad that you are continuing to follow up with your doctors.  Hopefully your scans will be clean and they will have some good ideas on how to help you with the swelling and discomfort.  Hugs.  Hang in there.

• SuhlHeber
    SuhlHeber Member Posts: 2
    ccfighter said:

Hi,
    this could totally be

Hi,

this could totally be treatment related from the radiation damaging your lymph nodes.  The swelling could be lymphadema.  I am glad that you are continuing to follow up with your doctors.  Hopefully your scans will be clean and they will have some good ideas on how to help you with the swelling and discomfort.  Hugs.  Hang in there.

That makes total sense. I

That makes total sense. I have so many different things going on in my body right now I think I am just over sensitive. With my scan coming up and anxious to find out if treatment worked and finding out if the cancer is gone, I think it is just messing with my head! Thanks for your response! You are an awesome support for everyone on here!