THE ECONOMY OF HAVING CANCER.

2»

Comments

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    I meant to come back and add

I meant to come back and add - we've had luck with the hospital negotiating our balance.  So if we get a lump sum from taxes, I start calling to see who will negotiate and they typically will take 80% if I pay at once.

• Momof2plusteentwins
    Momof2plusteentwins Member Posts: 509 Member
    Bills!
    I guess I am one of the fortunate ones too. My husband carried the insurance, which is really good. I was diagnosed April 2012 and my out of pocket max is 2,500 and Dr co pays is 25.00. So between last year and this year we have paid about $6,000 total. I worked at the hospital and got 40% off the hospital bills. I say I am fortunate but just having cancer sucks. I would gladly give up every dime not to have this. I told my husband that I am glad I have the cancer and not him. We still have our 15 year old twins that will be going to college and need insurance and my husband is the breadwinner in our family.
    Sandy :)
  • tanstaafl
    tanstaafl Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    $$$$ --> $

We achieved cost control with medical tourism, at home / DIY answers, CAM and off label generics. Mostly for cash, not insurance.   Which beach is that ?  If it's Hawaii, Asia has significant deals.  

The better one is at thinking accurately out of the box, the more one can stay out of the bank box.