just diagnosed with invasive adenocarcinoma of cervix

hi..so all i really know is that i have invasive adenocarcinoma of the cervix which spread into the tissue of the uterus.  i was told i need a hysterectomy and was referred to gyn oncologist.  im scared. 

Comments

• ccfighter
    ccfighter Member Posts: 476
    Hi Jenny,
    I was also

Hi Jenny,

I was also diagnosed with adenocarcinoma of the cervix, which after my hysterectomy was determined to be adenosquamous.  I was a stage 2 a in nov 2011.  You have come to the right place for advice andsupport.  Let me know if you have any questions or just want to vent. I've done a whole gammet of treatments.   Take a deep breath.  Aske questions and stay informed.  Hugs to you.  You will get through this.

• jenny hope
    jenny hope Member Posts: 3
    ccfighter said:

Hi Jenny,
    I was also

Hi Jenny,

I was also diagnosed with adenocarcinoma of the cervix, which after my hysterectomy was determined to be adenosquamous.  I was a stage 2 a in nov 2011.  You have come to the right place for advice andsupport.  Let me know if you have any questions or just want to vent. I've done a whole gammet of treatments.   Take a deep breath.  Aske questions and stay informed.  Hugs to you.  You will get through this.

thank you for your advice.  I

thank you for your advice.  I just wish I knew what stage I am. I am going to drive myself nuts.  looks like I have a lot of tests to undergo from what I have been researching.  Ive been having other problems so just worried it has spread.  thank you for your help.  How are you doing today.

• jenny hope
    jenny hope Member Posts: 3
    ccfighter said:

Hi Jenny,
    I was also

Hi Jenny,

thank you for your advice.  I just wish I knew what stage I am. I am going to drive myself nuts.  looks like I have a lot of tests to undergo from what I have been researching.  Ive been having other problems so just worried it has spread.  thank you for your help.  How are you doing today.

• ccfighter
    ccfighter Member Posts: 476

Today I am well.  Not out of

Today I am well.  Not out of the woods, but feeling good and living life.  I had a recurrence last year and had surgery and more chemo and radiation.  As of may am NED.  I have another scan next month.  Got my fingers crossed.  It's funny.  My name is Jenny too!  34 with three kids.  They keep me going.  Best to you.  Have you had any scans yet?