Da Vinci 3 days ago...new guy reporting

Options
jknorth
jknorth Member Posts: 44

Hello All,

Just ran into this site while looking for post op hints. They caught my 2.5 cm mass on lower left Kidney a few months ago by accident and suggested go with removal by robotics at my age of 53. I had no one family ever had cancer, barely smoked and still do sports. They said just bad luck dude. Spent past 2 months in delerium wondering if I was even going to wake up again as I'm kind of a wimp with medical stuff and never had a problem before. Well anyway it's done. it was ok. I had five holes in me and a pee tube for a day. They let me out in 2 days even with no sleep as the gut bloating pain really bugged me and I took short hall walks all night to stay loose, plus they told me to walk as much as I can. Pain pills didn't really help much. When they let me out yesterday morning I told them I had a ride but lied and walked a 1/2 hr (like a wounded duck) to the train station a mile away and then took a train and cab home from there. Have not taken the prescription filled for pain killers yet as the pain is getting better. Gut still swollen. Made a dozen wings on the BBQ. Will know in 3 weeks at follow up if it was benign or not, and what it was I guess. Hope very much anyone else here has good luck with this BS disease and things go well and thank you anyway. Im sure many have way tougher battles and my case is nothing compared.