Blood work tomorrow...

BLKJAK
BLKJAK Member Posts: 108

I know my blood pressure is higher since starting on Votrient. I'm hoping my liver and the Votrient have been playing nicely together. I'm a little nervous that something will be off and they'll have to take me off Votrient for some reason. I start my official third week on Votrient and I have no side effects to report. I'll post the results when I get back from the appointment. I get to speak with the oncologist who was ready to write me off when I first found out I have Kidney Cancer. Yippee. 

Have a great night everyone. Time to start my MAARS nightly routine!

Comments

  • Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798
    Bloods

    All sounds good to me and I hope the bloods prove it.   In what ways is MAARS helping you most?

  • GSRon
    GSRon Member Posts: 1,303 Member

    Bloods

    All sounds good to me and I hope the bloods prove it.   In what ways is MAARS helping you most?

    Tests

    Yes, hope the tests all are good..!  In my case, I noticed that my Urine was pretty orange in color, which told me in advance of the blood tests that my Liver was not happy.  So, I ended up on a 2 plus week hiatus from the Votrient, and now back on a lower (600 mg) dose.

    Be Well.!

    Ron - "There are 50 ways to love your Liver..." 

  • Galrim
    Galrim Member Posts: 307
    Thumbs crossed.

    For a good response/test. Hang in there.

    /G

  • BLKJAK
    BLKJAK Member Posts: 108
    All clear!

    Had a great visit with the oncologist for a change. My blood work came back normal. My liver is happy and functioning properly. The last time we saw the oncologist was when I was told I have kidney cancer. We were shell shocked and a mess. He said no one would ever guess I had kidney cancer and is amazed at how well we adapted. I'm almost giddy with delight. Finally something is going my way! 

    I want to thank everyone for their support. It means a lot not to be alone and have people that know where I'm coming from.

  • BLKJAK
    BLKJAK Member Posts: 108
    GSRon said:

    Tests

    Yes, hope the tests all are good..!  In my case, I noticed that my Urine was pretty orange in color, which told me in advance of the blood tests that my Liver was not happy.  So, I ended up on a 2 plus week hiatus from the Votrient, and now back on a lower (600 mg) dose.

    Be Well.!

    Ron - "There are 50 ways to love your Liver..." 

    LOL

    Love the Paul Simon reference. Well done sir!

  • BLKJAK
    BLKJAK Member Posts: 108

    Bloods

    All sounds good to me and I hope the bloods prove it.   In what ways is MAARS helping you most?

    MAARS

    I find that MAARS takes me to a calm and relaxing place in my mind. I am able to become very relaxed and drift off to a very peaceful sleep. I have not had weird dreams since starting the MAARS program like I was having before. I don't know for sure if it's helping to attack the cancer, but I willing to believe.

    One odd thing I noticed is that if I use my Bose noise cancelling headphones, I will wake up shortly after the audio tracks are done because the room is too quiet. I'm able to fall back asleep immediately so it's not a big deal.

    Do you use the MAARS program?

  • cran1
    cran1 Member Posts: 139
    BLKJAK said:

    All clear!

    Had a great visit with the oncologist for a change. My blood work came back normal. My liver is happy and functioning properly. The last time we saw the oncologist was when I was told I have kidney cancer. We were shell shocked and a mess. He said no one would ever guess I had kidney cancer and is amazed at how well we adapted. I'm almost giddy with delight. Finally something is going my way! 

    I want to thank everyone for their support. It means a lot not to be alone and have people that know where I'm coming from.

    Glad to hear everything is

    Glad to hear everything is going good BLK>

  • Djinnie
    Djinnie Member Posts: 945
    BLKJAK said:

    All clear!

    Had a great visit with the oncologist for a change. My blood work came back normal. My liver is happy and functioning properly. The last time we saw the oncologist was when I was told I have kidney cancer. We were shell shocked and a mess. He said no one would ever guess I had kidney cancer and is amazed at how well we adapted. I'm almost giddy with delight. Finally something is going my way! 

    I want to thank everyone for their support. It means a lot not to be alone and have people that know where I'm coming from.

    All Clear

    That is wonderful news, you must be over the moon:)

    I sent off for the MAARS Programme, I have used hypnotherapy before, but this programme is much more effective, and of course it is focused on cancer. I use quite a few holistic methods, including meditation, but this programme is very helpful at night. 

     

    Djinnie

  • Suekub
    Suekub Member Posts: 137
    Djinnie said:

    All Clear

    That is wonderful news, you must be over the moon:)

    I sent off for the MAARS Programme, I have used hypnotherapy before, but this programme is much more effective, and of course it is focused on cancer. I use quite a few holistic methods, including meditation, but this programme is very helpful at night. 

     

    Djinnie

    I was wondering about the

    I was wondering about the MAARs program. Is there any way of downloading or do you need to buy the package (book and CD)? Seems like something I would like to try. 

     

  • Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798
    Suekub said:

    I was wondering about the

    I was wondering about the MAARs program. Is there any way of downloading or do you need to buy the package (book and CD)? Seems like something I would like to try. 

     

    MAARS

    Sue, you need to buy it - do so - it's worth it.