Doc visit update

forme
forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member

Hello ladies,

Had a very nice and long , hour and a half visit with my doc. We went over a multitude of things.

Most of my lab values were really good. Still have low white count but not drastic.

he was concerned about me being dehydrated and that it is now showing up in my labs. I promised to try and drink more water and do what ever I can to avoid getting iv fluids.

The ca 125 is still trending up, although it's in small amounts. Not doubling, just continued rising. So I'll be getting a ct scan from neck to thighs. The doc wants to also check on the status of the lung nodules and the one in my neck.

Also will be getting an ultrasound of neck to see if there are any changes with the thy ca or if things look stable.

He suggested an endoscopy, but I declined till I have more info from the ct and ultrasound. We'll see..

My energy is slowly improving, and some of the lack of energy must be from the dehydration.

I will be heading back to FL in mid May, hopefully with a bit more bounch in my step.

I am trying to stay positive about the ca 125, but given the continued pain and the slow increase, it's in my thoughts a bit more than usual.

I'll keep you posted on the results of the upcoming scans.

Also, doc is setting in motion the BRCA testing. I know many of you have had this, I think it can only help to know. Whatever the outcome is, I would feel better with the knowledge.

Huge hugs

Lisha

Comments

• lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Hi Lisha

Sounds like you had a really productive, unhurried office visit with your doctor.  I'm glad that most of your lab values are good - that's really great news.  I know that the CA 125 trending up is not something you want to hear and I know how hard it is to not think about it.  However, there could very well be non-cancer reasons for the slowly rising number so try to do your best to not borrow trouble (I know, easier said than done!).  We definitely want to hear the results of your tests.

I used to have so much trouble drinking enough water each day.  I learned that I have to make the actual drinking of water literally part of my routine each day, making the water a habit.  Your doctor may want you to drink a different amount but I drink at least six 8-ounce glasses per day.  This is my daily routine:  one glass of water with breakfast, one glass shortly after I arrive at work, one glass with lunch, one glass mid-afternoon while I eat a snack, one glass with dinner, and one glass with my evening snack.  Of course I'm not in any pain or discomfort so it's easy for me to get enough liquids.  You're having health challenges right now so I'm guessing it's not on your mind to drink more water, but really you can do it!

In the meantime, hang in there.  Sending prayers and good thoughts your way.

Hugs,

Kelly