Back Home From The Hospital!

Options
SIROD
SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member

Hi All,

I've been in the hospital.  I finally called my cancer nurse who told me to go to the ER immediately when things were no better late Tuesday afternoon.  Miserable as I was, I went and they kept me.  We always think the worse! In 2008 I had malignant celiac nodes (nodes near stomach).  Since I was also having pain in the area I will admit I was fearful.

Anyway, the doctor on call didn't think it was and consulted the surgeon who had put my port in a few months ago.  He did an upper endoscopy and they found two bleeding ulcers, one gastric and the other a duodenal.  They did do a biopsy too.  Those ulcers have been bleeding for sometime.  My RBC were very, very low and I did have a blood transfusion.  There still low and so are the WBC.  It did get me out of this weeks' treatment but I'm back on schedule for treatment this Wednesday.

I am taking some pills to help with the stomach acid and all anti-inflammatory drugs were removed.  I am on my regular anti nausea drug after having all kinds given to me.  They wanted me to stay one more day but at this point it is healing and I need a good nights sleep.

They have kept my oncologist (different hospital updated) and want my primary care (in town doctor) to take over the anemia.  I am really tired of being tired but it might just be the name of the game.

Thanks you all for your concerns.  I had no way of letting you know.  The ulcers are no doubt from some of my drugs and stress (leaving job-chemo-father's death, mother's dementia) it has not been a fun ride lately.  

I'm ok, and ready to rejoin my battle as CC and I go along this rough road with so many others here at CSN who have been struggling with this awful beast a long, long time too.

Best to you all,

Doris

Comments

• jamiegww
    jamiegww Member Posts: 384
    Options
    Glad you are feeling better!

• McMarty
    McMarty Member Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Oh Doris!  I am really glad

Oh Doris!  I am really glad you got some answers!  You will feel so much better once those ulcers are healed!  How many more treatments do you have? 

I finished my 12 Taxol but they are keeping me on it till I have a hissy fit I guess.  They said as long as it's working and I can still use my hands and feet!  I am on 3 weeks on and 1 week off.  My blood counts really rebound with that week off.  I hope yours do too and you will get some extra relief and not feel so tired!

Marty

• ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Options
    So sorry to hear

you have been so ill. Now that it is figured out you should have less problems. Hoping for a speedy recovery and keeping you in my thoughts.

Hugs,

Georgia

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Doris, I am so sorry to hear

Doris, I am so sorry to hear this!  Hopefully, with the problem identified, you will begin to heal.  My thoughts and prayers are with you tonight.  Get some well deserved rest!

Did the transfusion help any with the fatigue?  Praying it did?

I have been battling nausea, heartburn and fatigue the last few days and living on zofran and tums, but determined to have fun while my sister is here.   Hoping the treatment will help with some of my liver mets symptoms. 

Sending you healing hugs.  Get better soon, my friend!

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options

Doris, I am so sorry to hear this!  Hopefully, with the problem identified, you will begin to heal.  My thoughts and prayers are with you tonight.  Get some well deserved rest!

I have been battling nausea, heartburn and fatigue the last few days and living on zofran and tums, but determined to have fun while my sister is here.   Hoping the treatment will help with some of my liver mets symptoms. 

Good grief, Doris!

Ulcers?  Well, no wonder you've been feeling awful.  I hope getting these suckers under control will relieve much of the symptoms you've been attributing to the chemo and you can continue.  I hope you recover from this ordeal quickly and start to feel stronger and better asap.

Suzanne

• GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options

Good grief, Doris!

Ulcers?  Well, no wonder you've been feeling awful.  I hope getting these suckers under control will relieve much of the symptoms you've been attributing to the chemo and you can continue.  I hope you recover from this ordeal quickly and start to feel stronger and better asap.

Suzanne

Tough road for sure!

Gosh Doris, I hope you are able to get the rest you need. I'm thinking of you, and praying for you to get the sleep/rest you desire and we know your body needs. I can only imagine how exhausting the journey has been for you dear sister~ Strength, hope and encouragement to you ♥

~Melanie

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options

Tough road for sure!

Gosh Doris, I hope you are able to get the rest you need. I'm thinking of you, and praying for you to get the sleep/rest you desire and we know your body needs. I can only imagine how exhausting the journey has been for you dear sister~ Strength, hope and encouragement to you ♥

~Melanie

I am glad you made that call

Doris,

I am glad you are back home and got some help, and new directions. Please make sure that you recover before your next infusion. Nothing wronf with posponding Chemo for a week allowing body to recover and heal.Our immune system and body fight cancer along with drugs, so we need to give it some rest too.

I am better, resumed my treatment including both the experimental dug and Faslodex. i post later about myself.

Hugsi 

• SIROD
    Options

For CC

The blood levels are not any better than when I went into the hospital in spire of the transfusion and all else they pumped into me didn't seem to help me much.  I am very tired too.  the pill to make the stomach less acidity are helping.  I hope you feel better soon too.

Doris

• SIROD
    Options
    To All

Thanks you everyone for responding.  I am still very, very tired.

Later,

Doris

• lintx
    lintx Member Posts: 697
    Options
    SIROD said:

To All

Later,

Doris

while you can, Doris.  Sorry you had to be admitted to get to the bottom of things but glad you know.  We are all thinking of you.  Take care. Linda

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    SIROD said:

For CC

The blood levels are not any better than when I went into the hospital in spire of the transfusion and all else they pumped into me didn't seem to help me much.  I am very tired too.  the pill to make the stomach less acidity are helping.  I hope you feel better soon too.

Doris

Oh shoot, I hope that your

Oh shoot, I hope that your tiredness and anemia improve soon and you are feeling better.

Nausea and fatigue are really bothering me lately.  I had to give up partying today Frownand take a rest--my body just wouldn't listen.  Oh well, at least I made Jazz Fest and the Fair.  My nephew said Billy Joel did a great jazz fest show yesterday, but no way was I going to make it again.

BTW, the NO Jazz Fest does have some jazz, but also has every other type of music that you can think of with about 8 large venues including: blues, gospel, congo, popular, etc.  Also every kind of craft and food and drink.  Luckily, I had a good day the day that I went and was able to manage cajun (dark) jambalaya, a snowball (nothing like snow cones--snowballs are patented very fine, fine ice-no lumps- and gourmet flavors and toppings) and herbal tea.

Doris, we seem to do things together.  Now, we are going to get better together!!!  Get back into the doc tomorrow, if you can.  I want them to figure out that anemia and get you back to your feisty self!  Hang in there!!!  Big hugs and prayers.

• burcu123
    burcu123 Member Posts: 66
    Options
    SIROD said:

To All

Later,

Doris

thinking about you

You are not alone in your suffering , we are thinking about you, praying for you and hurting with you

• Josie21
    Josie21 Member Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hi Doris

Hi Doris, 

I am glad you are ready to rejoin your battle.  I was very worried about you.  if any one has a reason to have ulcers it is you.  You have had a lot on your plate, but you sound much better already.  I hope you continue to get your strength back and continue to get your life back.  I say prayers for you and my other pink sisters who are struggling right now every day. 

Sending many, many hugs your way,

Ginny

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Josie21 said:

Hi Doris

Hi Doris, 

I am glad you are ready to rejoin your battle.  I was very worried about you.  if any one has a reason to have ulcers it is you.  You have had a lot on your plate, but you sound much better already.  I hope you continue to get your strength back and continue to get your life back.  I say prayers for you and my other pink sisters who are struggling right now every day. 

Sending many, many hugs your way,

Ginny

I am overwhelmed by all that you've gone thru

Doris -   I am so so sorry, and I wish I could take away some of your pain - and suffering.  I pray for your continued health, strength and relief -

Vicki Sam