VERY SCARED

lucy07
lucy07 Member Posts: 51

I HAD UTERINE CANCER 3 YEARS AGO. ON 4/1/13 WENT FOR REGULAR MAMMOGRAM FEW DAYS LATER RECEIVED A CALL FROM THE DOCTOR TELLING ME TO GO DO SOME MORE PICS OF MY LEFT BREAST AND SONOGRAM ON BOTH. I HAD BOTH TODAY. I READ MY REPORT FROM 4/1 STATING THAT I HAVE FOCAL NODULAR ASYMMETRY. DOES IT MEAN THAT I HAVE BREAST CANCER NOW???????????? 

Comments

• jazzy1
    jazzy1 Member Posts: 1,379
    Lucy

I can't tell you exactly what that means, but one thing wondering why didn't they tell you on the spot the second time the results????  Usually they do this, at least with me.

Since my cancer diagnosis in 2009 had 2 of my yearly mammograms come back with something showing up.  I do not see the printout as goes dirctly to my doc and they call me to have another ultrasound done.  The first one showed a "mass" or "unknown spot" and turned out the radiologist had my power port showing....dah, even after I told her twice about it.  The second time they showed me to have some denseness in my tissues and something showing.  Off I went AGAIN for another ultrasound which showed nothing.  Both of these repeasts I learned that day of the procedures, my results.

I'm definitely no expert, but if anything UNUSUAL SHOWS UP and our health chart reads CANCER SURVIVOR, we get kicked back to another redo for mammogram.  With most people who've not endured cancer diagnosis, bet they don't have as many of these redo's...ya think?

Try to stay calm...not easy but what choice do you have?  Come back and let us know what you find out as betting you're just fine.

Hugs,

Jan

• lucy07
    jazzy1 said:

Lucy

I can't tell you exactly what that means, but one thing wondering why didn't they tell you on the spot the second time the results????  Usually they do this, at least with me.

Since my cancer diagnosis in 2009 had 2 of my yearly mammograms come back with something showing up.  I do not see the printout as goes dirctly to my doc and they call me to have another ultrasound done.  The first one showed a "mass" or "unknown spot" and turned out the radiologist had my power port showing....dah, even after I told her twice about it.  The second time they showed me to have some denseness in my tissues and something showing.  Off I went AGAIN for another ultrasound which showed nothing.  Both of these repeasts I learned that day of the procedures, my results.

I'm definitely no expert, but if anything UNUSUAL SHOWS UP and our health chart reads CANCER SURVIVOR, we get kicked back to another redo for mammogram.  With most people who've not endured cancer diagnosis, bet they don't have as many of these redo's...ya think?

Try to stay calm...not easy but what choice do you have?  Come back and let us know what you find out as betting you're just fine.

Hugs,

Jan

thanks Jan

they only told me the doctor will call in 3-5 business days.....hate waiting..

• lucy07
    jazzy1 said:

Lucy

Hugs,

Jan

thanks Jan

they only told me the doctor will call in 3-5 business days.....hate waiting..

• Michaelynn
    Michaelynn Member Posts: 85 Member
    test results

When I had to go back in they also did more photos and finally said it was just "dense" tissue and nothing to worry about. It might just have been they way they compressed the breast tissue when the pictures were taken that caused the abnormality.  I know its worry some not knowing but I bet you have dense breasts like I do.