Need what?

Options
2»

Comments

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    Doris
    I am on Ativan every night to sleep(look at the time), but it does help with nausea. I also will drink green tea, an iced soda that I sip and chew the ice. Something about flat soda calms the stomach. Chemo day, I take an Zofran before going to the dr. Then I have an Ice cold soda while I have chemo and usually a tootsie roll or 3. I no longer eat when I get home. I wait a few hours then have an iced drink, usually water, and move as little as possible for a few hours. Once the Decadron kicks in, sleep is not in the immediate fiture, It can be anywhere from 6 hours to 35 hours before I can sleep and I am wired but not sick until I get so exhausted, but the zofran in the morning and night wort alonf with the ativan. Best for me is I only eat what I am hungry for and only eat a little at a time.

For some reason it seems to work.

Keep us posted on how you are doing. Doris I will keep you in my prayers. You have every riht to not be strong all the time. This is not an easy disease and we have to allow ourselves days that we feel this way. bI hope it gets better. Doris, you cant be strong all the time, give youself pemisson to have some shi**y days. And do whatever it takes to get throuh them. You and your doc will find something that woks.
    Hugs, Carol
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    camul said:

Doris
    I am on Ativan every night to sleep(look at the time), but it does help with nausea. I also will drink green tea, an iced soda that I sip and chew the ice. Something about flat soda calms the stomach. Chemo day, I take an Zofran before going to the dr. Then I have an Ice cold soda while I have chemo and usually a tootsie roll or 3. I no longer eat when I get home. I wait a few hours then have an iced drink, usually water, and move as little as possible for a few hours. Once the Decadron kicks in, sleep is not in the immediate fiture, It can be anywhere from 6 hours to 35 hours before I can sleep and I am wired but not sick until I get so exhausted, but the zofran in the morning and night wort alonf with the ativan. Best for me is I only eat what I am hungry for and only eat a little at a time.

For some reason it seems to work.

Keep us posted on how you are doing. Doris I will keep you in my prayers. You have every riht to not be strong all the time. This is not an easy disease and we have to allow ourselves days that we feel this way. bI hope it gets better. Doris, you cant be strong all the time, give youself pemisson to have some shi**y days. And do whatever it takes to get throuh them. You and your doc will find something that woks.
    Hugs, Carol

My beloved sister, Doris

First of all,  I love and so admire you, your soul and spirit.

You are a strong WARRIOR, standing alone tackling everything that LIFE throws in your direction.  A few months ago, you did NOT ask your son to help shovel snow from your front porch - if I recall, he was a little angry with you.  You beat to your own drum (like me), and do things yourself.

My message to you would be, if at all possible, - to ask for some help - reach out to family (mom & dad do not live close enough), maybe have a family member, or friend  --- accompany you to chemo - or just drop by to see how your doing.  People LOVE you, and would be honored to be a part of your life, part of your support team.  It is so difficult to ask for help - or assistance -.

Emend helped with my nausea, and ginger tea.

Gentle hugs,  and LOVE.

Vicki Sam