Help

Bennett-19
Bennett-19 Member Posts: 2

Hello,I'm 27 years old and since January have been having on again off again pelvic pain and lower back pain.ive had a Pap test which was fine and have had three dr do a pelvic exam and have had an abdominal ultrasound done all which they said is fine.for the last week though I have had spotting everyday even though my period isn't due for more than two weeks.i went to the dr and he wouldn't even check me saying she wasn't concerned and it could be endometriosis.the only other thing I've experienced is sometimes right under my breast bone feels sore like I have alot of gas Pain.im really lorries this could be something else and they aren't taking me seriously

Comments

• lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Hi Bennett-19

Welcome to this board.  I don't know what's causing your symptoms but if you are not satisifed with what you're being told, then insist on more testing until the cause of your symptoms can be determined.  Being told that my problem "could be" endometriosis is not exactly reassuring and frankly wouldn't feel good enough for me.  I would request more testing, starting with a CT scan, or something else that will confirm endometriosis.  You might also consider requesting a CA 125 blood test.  To be honest, I'm not sure if you should be getting a CA 125 test at this time but maybe other ladies will chime in with their opinions because I'm not sure.  The CA 125 is a protein found on the surface of ovarian cancer cells and some healthy tissue.  (Bennett-19, please know that I am not suggesting at all that you have ovarian cancer.)  Many women with ovarian cancer have abnormally high levels of CA 125 in their blood.  However, some non-cancer conditions, like endometriosis, can elevate CA 125 levels and some women with early-stage ovarian cancer have normal CA 125 levels.  This is why the CA 125 should never be used alone to diagnosis or screen for ovarian cancer.

Please keep us posted!  I know how worrisome this is for you because we tend to assume the worst.  Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers your way.

Hugs,

Kelly