Encouragement

2»

Comments

• cancerat46
    cancerat46 Member Posts: 52
    foxhd said:

Thanks all of you

I had a wonderful visit today with my Dr. and the staff at Smilow. It's getting to be like Cheers. Everybody knows my name. 24th infusion of MDX.Amazing. A dose of zometa also and I'm good to go!

Yes I am one of the fortunate ones. I don't post to brag or rub it in the face of the rest of you. I post to provide Hope. Encouragement. Motivation. Maybe some hand holding. The  real lucky ones don't have cancer. Or are NED. I am not out of the woods yet. Probably will never be. But I secretly love hearing people tell me how good I look. (they don't see me when I get up).

Fear doesn't go away. Just don't let it get in the way. Remember we are LIVING with cancer. There must be a forum for people dieing. That must be a barrel of laughs. Can you imagine Gary's friday funnies? Can you giggle over rigor mortis?

Two old drunks are sleeping out beyond a stone wall at the cemetary. The noise of my funeral wakes them up. They peer over the wall and see me being lowered into the ground. Strapped to my shiney Harley. These 2 poor sots who never had a dime between them look at each other with envy. One says to the other, "Wow! being buried on a Harley,man, that's living!" Gary will do better I'm sure.

Keep the faith. Share the Karma. Blow your care providers away with your positivity. Believe me it rubs off.

FLY.

Fox you have helped me sooooo much!
    Two months ago I wrote my first post on a day that really had me feeling terrified and alone! (as you may be able to tell from my less than up-beat User name) My one year scan was approaching and I was so scared I could hardly breath that day. Fox, it wasn't even 15 minutes before I had my first encouraging reply and that encouragement came from YOU! I cried as the realization hit me that I wasn't alone and people here really did understand. Since that first post and your ( as well as others) support my life with cancer has become almost normal again. There are days now that I wake up without my first thought being....CANCER? SERIOUSLY? I have days now that I actually forget about it!!! Ok, well, maybe days it only passes through my mind. Knowing there are fighters and WINNERS out there like you that I can talk with makes all the difference!! Thank you from the bottom of my much lightened heart!
  • GSRon
    GSRon Member Posts: 1,303 Member
    foxhd said:

Thanks all of you

I had a wonderful visit today with my Dr. and the staff at Smilow. It's getting to be like Cheers. Everybody knows my name. 24th infusion of MDX.Amazing. A dose of zometa also and I'm good to go!

Yes I am one of the fortunate ones. I don't post to brag or rub it in the face of the rest of you. I post to provide Hope. Encouragement. Motivation. Maybe some hand holding. The  real lucky ones don't have cancer. Or are NED. I am not out of the woods yet. Probably will never be. But I secretly love hearing people tell me how good I look. (they don't see me when I get up).

Fear doesn't go away. Just don't let it get in the way. Remember we are LIVING with cancer. There must be a forum for people dieing. That must be a barrel of laughs. Can you imagine Gary's friday funnies? Can you giggle over rigor mortis?

Two old drunks are sleeping out beyond a stone wall at the cemetary. The noise of my funeral wakes them up. They peer over the wall and see me being lowered into the ground. Strapped to my shiney Harley. These 2 poor sots who never had a dime between them look at each other with envy. One says to the other, "Wow! being buried on a Harley,man, that's living!" Gary will do better I'm sure.

Keep the faith. Share the Karma. Blow your care providers away with your positivity. Believe me it rubs off.

FLY.

Oh my

Hi Fox...  I knew a guy that not only got burried with his bike (BSA Gold Star), but his tombstone is huge... with said bike on it as well..  This guy was a real rider.. I mean he rode his bike all over... met him in Daytona a couple of times... and saw him in Boston...  I never knew he was sick.. but a bunch of us remember him... he rode until he couldn't any more...  one of my heros..!

Stay well.. ride safe..

Cheers.!

Ron - "I don't want a pickle... jus wanna ride my motor sickle...."

• I am alive
    I am alive Member Posts: 315
    I love you Fox!!

You're the beacon on the hill. Thanks for sharing your light, man. Yay! Yay! Yay!. (that's me jumping up and down, throwing you a high five)