Postcard from Duderstadt Germany Goodnews CEA down to 2.9 ca199 down to 24 ITS SPRING AND ITS BEAUTI

2»

Comments

  • thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278
    It is always good to hear

    It is always good to hear from you you Pete!

     

    We are glad that your treatment is coming along postive!   It is a big battle. Kep up the updates, and have a fun time in Germany.

     

    Best Always,   mike

     

  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900
    thanks - I did it my way!

    http://petertrayhurn.blogspot.de/2013/04/staying-ned-optomistic-and-brash-and.html

    thanks for the kind words, more great news 

    hugs,

    Pete

  • k44454445
    k44454445 Member Posts: 494
    Pete

    i am so happy for you! i miss reading your posts but i understand why you do not post often. you do need to focus on yourself to keep having positive results. enjoy the time with your family. and do enjoy the wonderful spring!

    lots of hugs & prayers from indiana

    judy

  • mukamom
    mukamom Member Posts: 402
    k44454445 said:

    Pete

    i am so happy for you! i miss reading your posts but i understand why you do not post often. you do need to focus on yourself to keep having positive results. enjoy the time with your family. and do enjoy the wonderful spring!

    lots of hugs & prayers from indiana

    judy

    Glad to see your

    smiling face!  Good to hear you are doing well!  I was wondering where you were and how you were doing.

     

    Keep on keeping on, Pete!

    Angela

  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    mukamom said:

    Glad to see your

    smiling face!  Good to hear you are doing well!  I was wondering where you were and how you were doing.

     

    Keep on keeping on, Pete!

    Angela

    Mate would you send me the treatment u followed ( I'm lost with
    You mate) and the cost for it , not including planes of course! If you wish I will appreciate!.
    Hugs man .
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900
    pepebcn said:

    Mate would you send me the treatment u followed ( I'm lost with
    You mate) and the cost for it , not including planes of course! If you wish I will appreciate!.
    Hugs man .

    hi mate, been away

    pepe,

    150,000 eu so far and counting. its been 6 months of full on therapy, but i am clear so far and have amazing health.

    the first 10 weeks say 100,000 eu.

    the last 16 weeks say 50,000 eu , less therapy , more fun , less intrusive, more vaccines.

    just googel hallwang clinic, fill in the contact form and say you are a friend of pete. you will get vip treatment pepe, just like TED.

    i miss you to my friend, but you are never out of my heart. noone hear is.

    hugs,

    Pete

    ps even this holiday to turkey is a therapy break to allow my immune system to rebuild, its been hammered.

    if you are coming just do it, asap. You can stay in my apartment, if you don't snore!

    https://docs.google.com/file/d/1u1yfZFuumGcHCs0vVBvvMzkPk7S0qSzWLFxRFPnMeveq3pfNwQ9DfPij4_Fr/edit

    the full therapy report and results. worth every cent.

  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866

    hi mate, been away

    pepe,

    150,000 eu so far and counting. its been 6 months of full on therapy, but i am clear so far and have amazing health.

    the first 10 weeks say 100,000 eu.

    the last 16 weeks say 50,000 eu , less therapy , more fun , less intrusive, more vaccines.

    just googel hallwang clinic, fill in the contact form and say you are a friend of pete. you will get vip treatment pepe, just like TED.

    i miss you to my friend, but you are never out of my heart. noone hear is.

    hugs,

    Pete

    ps even this holiday to turkey is a therapy break to allow my immune system to rebuild, its been hammered.

    if you are coming just do it, asap. You can stay in my apartment, if you don't snore!

    https://docs.google.com/file/d/1u1yfZFuumGcHCs0vVBvvMzkPk7S0qSzWLFxRFPnMeveq3pfNwQ9DfPij4_Fr/edit

    the full therapy report and results. worth every cent.

    Only

    $195,930.00?

  • manwithnoname
    manwithnoname Member Posts: 402
    PhillieG said:

    Only

    $195,930.00?

    Phil

    I was sent the insurance bill for a child with cancer in the US, first few months treatment cost over $1.5 million, the kid lived long enough to rack up a $12 million bill, insurance covered of course, then he died.

    just sayin...

  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866

    Phil

    I was sent the insurance bill for a child with cancer in the US, first few months treatment cost over $1.5 million, the kid lived long enough to rack up a $12 million bill, insurance covered of course, then he died.

    just sayin...

    I'm Sorry to hear that

    Medical costs are out of control. Thankfully I have insurance. I do not have $195,000+ though. If one has the personal resources and can just up and go (with or without their family), more power to them. Unfortunately, that's usually not the case...

    just replying...

  • annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571
    PhillieG said:

    I'm Sorry to hear that

    Medical costs are out of control. Thankfully I have insurance. I do not have $195,000+ though. If one has the personal resources and can just up and go (with or without their family), more power to them. Unfortunately, that's usually not the case...

    just replying...

    It's the case for virtually everyone on this forum,

    that these costs are prohibitively high.  It's not quite so simple as saying you're a "friend" of Pete's.  I'm assuming you still have to have the $200,000 (and counting) to cover the care.  You can easily rack that up with conventional care (I think I'm personally at about half a mil due to all the surgeries), but many of us have insurance to help take the hit.  Just not insurance that will cover this.  Too bad, maybe...

  • manwithnoname
    manwithnoname Member Posts: 402

    It's the case for virtually everyone on this forum,

    that these costs are prohibitively high.  It's not quite so simple as saying you're a "friend" of Pete's.  I'm assuming you still have to have the $200,000 (and counting) to cover the care.  You can easily rack that up with conventional care (I think I'm personally at about half a mil due to all the surgeries), but many of us have insurance to help take the hit.  Just not insurance that will cover this.  Too bad, maybe...

    H i Ann

    200k is beyond most people in the world, although I think more than half of that has been Pete having 'extras', still private medicine is beyond most peoples finances. 

    I know Pete posting his treatment, and especially the cost, is upsetting some people and it's completley understandable, money is a touchy subject anyway, even more so in this type of case, we are also paying for unproven immunotherapy and it's a tough desicion to sell all of your assets on a 'maybe' it is a gamble and just like going to Vegas you need a personal limit, Im not sure I would bet our house on a 'maybe', life still goes on.

    It's a sad fact that having more money can buy better treatment (sometimes) we are looking at a possible surgery option in the US not available here, one night hospital stay is $15,000 + surgery costs, flights, MRI's, living expenses etc.., don't think our insurance will cover it.

    Cancer sucks...

     

  • tanstaafl
    tanstaafl Member Posts: 1,303 Member

    H i Ann

    200k is beyond most people in the world, although I think more than half of that has been Pete having 'extras', still private medicine is beyond most peoples finances. 

    I know Pete posting his treatment, and especially the cost, is upsetting some people and it's completley understandable, money is a touchy subject anyway, even more so in this type of case, we are also paying for unproven immunotherapy and it's a tough desicion to sell all of your assets on a 'maybe' it is a gamble and just like going to Vegas you need a personal limit, Im not sure I would bet our house on a 'maybe', life still goes on.

    It's a sad fact that having more money can buy better treatment (sometimes) we are looking at a possible surgery option in the US not available here, one night hospital stay is $15,000 + surgery costs, flights, MRI's, living expenses etc.., don't think our insurance will cover it.

    Cancer sucks...

     

    bargain shopping

    The big thing is how you minimize your costs and maximize your benefits.  There are often multiple ways of doing something.  A different provider, a different country, a different version, or a different technology.  People are defeating themselves when they start thinking, "I'm broke" or "Pete's wealthy".  Take responsibility for the situation, pay attention to the information on the boards, and go bargain hunting.     

    Pete's blown a ton of money starting from scratch, trying on different treatments, brand shopping, and panic buying. The next person can start from there, and try to manage their costs. Perhaps for a third.   

    The #1 cheap chance for any newbie is the initial dx period to get the things we talk about here, much cheaper.   Some extra blood tests, maybe some tissue testing, and then the extra goodies.  Cimetidine, celebrex, metformin, high dose vitamin D3, the LEF type supplement recommendations, etc from the cheapest place they can find. IMO this is probably/often their best chance at a good start for small price.   

    Several of us have taken the the big chances, and we've told our stories.  At some point people have to read up, decide for themselves, and take action.      

     

     

  • manwithnoname
    manwithnoname Member Posts: 402
    tanstaafl said:

    bargain shopping

    The big thing is how you minimize your costs and maximize your benefits.  There are often multiple ways of doing something.  A different provider, a different country, a different version, or a different technology.  People are defeating themselves when they start thinking, "I'm broke" or "Pete's wealthy".  Take responsibility for the situation, pay attention to the information on the boards, and go bargain hunting.     

    Pete's blown a ton of money starting from scratch, trying on different treatments, brand shopping, and panic buying. The next person can start from there, and try to manage their costs. Perhaps for a third.   

    The #1 cheap chance for any newbie is the initial dx period to get the things we talk about here, much cheaper.   Some extra blood tests, maybe some tissue testing, and then the extra goodies.  Cimetidine, celebrex, metformin, high dose vitamin D3, the LEF type supplement recommendations, etc from the cheapest place they can find. IMO this is probably/often their best chance at a good start for small price.   

    Several of us have taken the the big chances, and we've told our stories.  At some point people have to read up, decide for themselves, and take action.      

     

     

    Good points Tans

    also not mentioned is getting drugs straight from the companies, our insurance refused to pay for Thalidomide @$5000 per month, we ended up getting it free from the company under a special program, appparently this is not unusual.

     

    We also get Metformin and Celecoxib from cheap Canadian pharmacies.

  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866
    tanstaafl said:

    bargain shopping

    The big thing is how you minimize your costs and maximize your benefits.  There are often multiple ways of doing something.  A different provider, a different country, a different version, or a different technology.  People are defeating themselves when they start thinking, "I'm broke" or "Pete's wealthy".  Take responsibility for the situation, pay attention to the information on the boards, and go bargain hunting.     

    Pete's blown a ton of money starting from scratch, trying on different treatments, brand shopping, and panic buying. The next person can start from there, and try to manage their costs. Perhaps for a third.   

    The #1 cheap chance for any newbie is the initial dx period to get the things we talk about here, much cheaper.   Some extra blood tests, maybe some tissue testing, and then the extra goodies.  Cimetidine, celebrex, metformin, high dose vitamin D3, the LEF type supplement recommendations, etc from the cheapest place they can find. IMO this is probably/often their best chance at a good start for small price.   

    Several of us have taken the the big chances, and we've told our stories.  At some point people have to read up, decide for themselves, and take action.      

     

     

    Same Chance

    One can try "A different provider, a different country, a different version, or a different technology" but unfortunatly at the end of the day, what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another.

    Maybe if I had unlimited resources at the start of my cancer I might have tried something different but I was no where close to being in that situation. Thankfully I hooked up with a great team and have had great results. But even that is no guarantee. I've known people who went to the same doctors and did not have similar results.

    I almost feel like this topic can quickly be over-simplified like gun control, politics, or religion. Cancer is extremely complex and therefore the "fix" is unique to the individual. As I've said countless times, there's no One Size Fits All so to take one person's journey and try to make it fit everyone is absurd.

    I should have followed my instincts and ignored the thread. There is ONE thing I believe we all can agree on and that is that CANCER SUCKS and that everyone has success with whatever of the many treatment roads that are out there...

  • PhillieG said:

    Same Chance

    One can try "A different provider, a different country, a different version, or a different technology" but unfortunatly at the end of the day, what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another.

    Maybe if I had unlimited resources at the start of my cancer I might have tried something different but I was no where close to being in that situation. Thankfully I hooked up with a great team and have had great results. But even that is no guarantee. I've known people who went to the same doctors and did not have similar results.

    I almost feel like this topic can quickly be over-simplified like gun control, politics, or religion. Cancer is extremely complex and therefore the "fix" is unique to the individual. As I've said countless times, there's no One Size Fits All so to take one person's journey and try to make it fit everyone is absurd.

    I should have followed my instincts and ignored the thread. There is ONE thing I believe we all can agree on and that is that CANCER SUCKS and that everyone has success with whatever of the many treatment roads that are out there...

    Pete

    Keep up the good work. You are a remarkable person. Don't be discouraged to post the cost. We know your intentions. We all know there is cure some where, and we have to look for it, and I have a strong belief that these things do work!!!! 

  • annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571

    H i Ann

    200k is beyond most people in the world, although I think more than half of that has been Pete having 'extras', still private medicine is beyond most peoples finances. 

    I know Pete posting his treatment, and especially the cost, is upsetting some people and it's completley understandable, money is a touchy subject anyway, even more so in this type of case, we are also paying for unproven immunotherapy and it's a tough desicion to sell all of your assets on a 'maybe' it is a gamble and just like going to Vegas you need a personal limit, Im not sure I would bet our house on a 'maybe', life still goes on.

    It's a sad fact that having more money can buy better treatment (sometimes) we are looking at a possible surgery option in the US not available here, one night hospital stay is $15,000 + surgery costs, flights, MRI's, living expenses etc.., don't think our insurance will cover it.

    Cancer sucks...

     

    If I was fighting for my child's life,

    I'd sell everything I had, including my body parts, to give him a chance.  I admire you, Tony, for everything you're trying to do for your son.  And if I was queen of the universe, I would make it so that everyone could try any treatment they wanted, without regard to cost. Cancer sucks, and the cost of treating it, whether here in the States or in Germany, sucks as well.

    ETA this is to Tony, and the comment he made earlier in the thread.  Confusing...

  • tanstaafl
    tanstaafl Member Posts: 1,303 Member
    PhillieG said:

    Same Chance

    One can try "A different provider, a different country, a different version, or a different technology" but unfortunatly at the end of the day, what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another.

    Maybe if I had unlimited resources at the start of my cancer I might have tried something different but I was no where close to being in that situation. Thankfully I hooked up with a great team and have had great results. But even that is no guarantee. I've known people who went to the same doctors and did not have similar results.

    I almost feel like this topic can quickly be over-simplified like gun control, politics, or religion. Cancer is extremely complex and therefore the "fix" is unique to the individual. As I've said countless times, there's no One Size Fits All so to take one person's journey and try to make it fit everyone is absurd.

    I should have followed my instincts and ignored the thread. There is ONE thing I believe we all can agree on and that is that CANCER SUCKS and that everyone has success with whatever of the many treatment roads that are out there...

    The good news

    ... is that we have entered an era where we can at least get the shoe size before some clod crams a AAAA steel toed shoe on the EEE foot. The bad news is that if measurement is not FDA blessed for "protection", many oncs will call it unproven quackery and go right on with the AAAA.Yell. Use left and right arrows to navigate.

  • z
    z Member Posts: 1,411 Member

    H i Ann

    200k is beyond most people in the world, although I think more than half of that has been Pete having 'extras', still private medicine is beyond most peoples finances. 

    I know Pete posting his treatment, and especially the cost, is upsetting some people and it's completley understandable, money is a touchy subject anyway, even more so in this type of case, we are also paying for unproven immunotherapy and it's a tough desicion to sell all of your assets on a 'maybe' it is a gamble and just like going to Vegas you need a personal limit, Im not sure I would bet our house on a 'maybe', life still goes on.

    It's a sad fact that having more money can buy better treatment (sometimes) we are looking at a possible surgery option in the US not available here, one night hospital stay is $15,000 + surgery costs, flights, MRI's, living expenses etc.., don't think our insurance will cover it.

    Cancer sucks...

     

    manwithnoname

    Would the us hospital/drs be willing to wave the bill?  I know there are some situations where they will help with no charge to the family.  I hope your son will be able to have surgery if that will help him.  I wish you well. Lori

  • renw
    renw Member Posts: 282
    tanstaafl said:

    bargain shopping

    The big thing is how you minimize your costs and maximize your benefits.  There are often multiple ways of doing something.  A different provider, a different country, a different version, or a different technology.  People are defeating themselves when they start thinking, "I'm broke" or "Pete's wealthy".  Take responsibility for the situation, pay attention to the information on the boards, and go bargain hunting.     

    Pete's blown a ton of money starting from scratch, trying on different treatments, brand shopping, and panic buying. The next person can start from there, and try to manage their costs. Perhaps for a third.   

    The #1 cheap chance for any newbie is the initial dx period to get the things we talk about here, much cheaper.   Some extra blood tests, maybe some tissue testing, and then the extra goodies.  Cimetidine, celebrex, metformin, high dose vitamin D3, the LEF type supplement recommendations, etc from the cheapest place they can find. IMO this is probably/often their best chance at a good start for small price.   

    Several of us have taken the the big chances, and we've told our stories.  At some point people have to read up, decide for themselves, and take action.      

     

     

    I found that some of the

    I found that some of the german adjuvant therapies can be done in the neighbouring czech republic for 1/10th the cost. So there are other options.