Hobby ideas

HELP! Mom is getting restless! She needs to get out and exercise more, she's in treatment but is doing fine, only has symptoms for a few days after treatment and it's just been fatigue and joint pain, but in between that time I'd really like to see her doing more. She doesn't have a car, but does anyone have any idea's for hobbies or exercise ideas? Thanks everyone!

Comments

• debrajo
    debrajo Member Posts: 1,095 Member
    How about a stationary bike?

How about a stationary bike?  You can get them as plain or as fancy as you like.  I love mine!  I can ride and listen to TV, music or when chemo fog lifts a little, I can read on mine.  No fees or weather conditions to fight, don't have to "dress", or put presure on aching joints.  Just a thought, best, debrajo

• Alexandra
    Alexandra Member Posts: 1,308
    Hobbies while on chemo

I spent most of the time between chemo treatments alternating between my laptop and watching TV with a tub of ice cream in my lap. It caused 35 lbs weight gain. Damn steroids!

Once in a while I would drive to the mall and catch a movie or walk around there. That would be good excersise if only I left my credit card at home.

I have a treadmill and stationary bike in my basement, but I never felt like using them before, during or after chemo. Most of the time I just wanted to be left alone and I would snap at my family members proposing misc. improvements.

Ideas: pilates, swimming, brisk walk, tai-chi, spinning, meditation, dancing, gardening (when it's warm), or cover your ears, daughter - sex.