Seeking support for mastectomy without reconstruction

Options
13»

Comments

• Hearty Pioneer
    Hearty Pioneer Member Posts: 158
    Options

I thought Hearty Pioneer

I thought Hearty Pioneer might find this post helpful, so, I am pushing it up to the top for her.

Jan

Thanks!!

I am reading through all the thoughts and advice.  My double mastectomy is scheduled for June 25.  I am sure I will have a firm decision about going or flat or reconstruction by them.  Until then, I am reading and talking to women who have traveled this journey ahead of me.  Thank you all for sharing! You are amazing survivors and a source of strength!

• innny2001
    innny2001 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    no reconstruction here, not gonna do it, wouldn't be prudent

Hi Jessie

i turned 47 april 16th.  i found my tumor dec 17 taking a shower.  so from the x i found it til the time i was diag and double mast it was 40 days.  mast on jan 20 2012.  only had cancer in right breast but wasn't taking any chances on it going to the other one.  i have invasive ductal cell carsinoma/ hr+/pr+/Hr2new neg/stage 2/ 3 centimeters/removed 3 lyms and only 1 had a little cancer.  but to be safe i did 6 months of chemo.  then tamoxafin for 9mons and switched to arimidex which is the friggen devil, so i switch back to tam yesterday.  w/ all the pain of the surgery and seeing a friend going thru reconstruction and having so much pain a nd problems i decided no way in heck, i don't care how hot the plastic surgen was.  i did get prostetic breast that are really nice but hardly ware them do to hot flashes.  got a shirt that say    yes these are fake my real ones tried to kill me.  anyhow it's a long drawn out and painful procedure for reconstruction and i decided right after the mast that i didn't want any more pain besides the naasty chemo for 6 months.  anyhow i do have pics of me wearing a top w/ the fakes and a pic w/o and it looks good either way.  hope i help

btw no regrets what so ever i go around all the time flat chested and i could care less what people think, my life my body, you could not pay me a million dollars to do it.

sincerely

your sista from anutter mudder

michelle

• Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    innny2001 said:

no reconstruction here, not gonna do it, wouldn't be prudent

Hi Jessie

i turned 47 april 16th.  i found my tumor dec 17 taking a shower.  so from the x i found it til the time i was diag and double mast it was 40 days.  mast on jan 20 2012.  only had cancer in right breast but wasn't taking any chances on it going to the other one.  i have invasive ductal cell carsinoma/ hr+/pr+/Hr2new neg/stage 2/ 3 centimeters/removed 3 lyms and only 1 had a little cancer.  but to be safe i did 6 months of chemo.  then tamoxafin for 9mons and switched to arimidex which is the friggen devil, so i switch back to tam yesterday.  w/ all the pain of the surgery and seeing a friend going thru reconstruction and having so much pain a nd problems i decided no way in heck, i don't care how hot the plastic surgen was.  i did get prostetic breast that are really nice but hardly ware them do to hot flashes.  got a shirt that say    yes these are fake my real ones tried to kill me.  anyhow it's a long drawn out and painful procedure for reconstruction and i decided right after the mast that i didn't want any more pain besides the naasty chemo for 6 months.  anyhow i do have pics of me wearing a top w/ the fakes and a pic w/o and it looks good either way.  hope i help

btw no regrets what so ever i go around all the time flat chested and i could care less what people think, my life my body, you could not pay me a million dollars to do it.

sincerely

your sista from anutter mudder

michelle

Just read that you're having

Just read that you're having your surgery on the 16th!  Wishing you the best of luck with it.  Post any update for us when you can.

Hugs, Angie

• Pink Rose
    Pink Rose Member Posts: 493
    Options
    Angie2U said:

Just read that you're having

Just read that you're having your surgery on the 16th!  Wishing you the best of luck with it.  Post any update for us when you can.

Hugs, Angie

All the good luck that I have

All the good luck that I have for you! 

Hugs, Rose

• DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Pink Rose said:

All the good luck that I have

All the good luck that I have for you! 

Hugs, Rose

Wishing you good luck too

Wishing you good luck too this week for your surgery.  I hope you update us and let us know how you are.

• marciehsq
    marciehsq Member Posts: 2
    Options
    If I had to do it all over

If I had to do it all over again i would skip the reconstruction!!  It was very painful and I am not satisfied with the results!!

• Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    marciehsq said:

If I had to do it all over

If I had to do it all over again i would skip the reconstruction!!  It was very painful and I am not satisfied with the results!!

Good luck on your surgery. 

Good luck on your surgery.  Praying for a fast recovery for you!

Hugs, Lex