So hoping to find another like me, SCC three months after chemo for IDC

Patti1967
Patti1967 Member Posts: 186
edited March 2013 in Skin Cancer #1

Hi, I am new here, about a week.  I posted on both the breast cancer and head and neck forums.  Great people on both, so much appreciated support:) but still searching for someone who can relate to exactly what I am going through.

I will try to be brief, I was diagnosed with bilateral IDC in August 2012, had a bilateral mastectomy and had my last round of chemo on Dec 10, 2012.  A little before two weeks after that, a bump appeared on my chin.  I thought it was just a blind pimple that wouldn't go away because of my immune system being down.  It stayed just a bump for weeks, then just took off and spread across my whole chin, it was red, swollen, sore and "crusty". 

I went to the deramtologist on Feb 18, 2013 they did a biopsy for infection, gave me a script for an acne lotion and told me to come back in a week  I went back on Feb 25 and was told it wasn't a fungal infection and was given a script for an antibiotic and a steriod cream and told to come back in 2 1/2 weeks.  The NP wanted me to see the other Dr. in office.  "Three opinions are better than two" is what she told me.

During these two and half weeks, its spreads to my lower lip, covers the entire middle of my lip, and right under my chin.  I also go to a pre scheduled oncology appt. on March 11, 2013 for my three month after chemo check up and to start tamoxifen.  My oncologist tells me she doesn't want to start the tamoxifen until we know what is really going on with my chin and now lip. 

I return to see this new deramtologist on March 15, 2013 and as soon as he sees me he says "Due to you just finishing chemo, I think this is another cancer brewing"  he does a second biopsy,this time of my lip and tells me to come back in a week.  I let my onco know as soon as I leave.  I go back on March 21, 2013 and he tells me it is SCC.  He then tells me I need to go to UIC asap as did my local oncologist.  My appt is April 4, next Thursday with their head and neck dept.

I still cannot believe I was just told again that I have cancer, I am not even finished being treated for breast cancer.  Has anyone else had this experience?  Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

Patti