How's Vivian today?

Options
Vivian,
Just checking in with you to see how you bare holding up? I somehow was wide awake at 2:45am, my time and felt this strong pull to pray for you. So prayed I did! I prayed for peace again and for warmth in your heart.
Billie

Comments

• VivianLee5689
    VivianLee5689 Member Posts: 546
    Options
    A hard day

Thank you so much Billie. It's been a hard night and day. David started having severe pain last night which they had trouble controlling. Today he went to radiation, but came back vomiting and then hallucinations tried to creep back in.  We saw hospice today and found out that Markey now has inpatient hospice and David won't even have to change rooms. He was lucid enough to say he didn't want to be resuccitated or on life support. He didn't agree to hospice right then because he said he needed to talk to me first. He was concerned that there were too many loose ends for me to tie up.  I told him I am a resourceful woman and now it is time for him to think about himself and the journey to a place he won't hurt any more. He agreed to hospice. They wanted to start a fentanyl patch but is only 137 pounds and it would be too strong for him. So the have him on 4 mg morphine every two hours. Thankfully he is resting for the first time in two days. 

• Billie67
    Billie67 Member Posts: 898
    Options

A hard day

Thank you so much Billie. It's been a hard night and day. David started having severe pain last night which they had trouble controlling. Today he went to radiation, but came back vomiting and then hallucinations tried to creep back in.  We saw hospice today and found out that Markey now has inpatient hospice and David won't even have to change rooms. He was lucid enough to say he didn't want to be resuccitated or on life support. He didn't agree to hospice right then because he said he needed to talk to me first. He was concerned that there were too many loose ends for me to tie up.  I told him I am a resourceful woman and now it is time for him to think about himself and the journey to a place he won't hurt any more. He agreed to hospice. They wanted to start a fentanyl patch but is only 137 pounds and it would be too strong for him. So the have him on 4 mg morphine every two hours. Thankfully he is resting for the first time in two days. 

Oh dear

Well I guess the plus to all this is that he was able make his own decisions about hospice and that he doesn't have to be moved. I'm sorry about the pain he's going thru. I do however want you to know that during treatment I was down to 85 pounds and the original fentnyl patch was too strong for me at 25mcg. Even the pharmacist said "Billie this might be too strong for you and if it is have your dr call in the 12mcg patch" well that is exactly what happened. At first my dr was a little reluctant and even made the comment "12mcg is a little old lady dose and it probably won't help you"

he RX'd anyhow at my request and it was perfect! I just thought I'd let you know that it does come low dose and most hospital pharmacies have it.  keep us posted and know we are holding you close.

Billie 

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options

A hard day

viv, i'm sorry david is in

viv, i'm sorry david is in such pain.  i pray for God to bless him with relief and peace.  i'm also glad he was able to make some decisions.  you are both in my thots and prayers.

God bless,

debbiejeanne