Christine Gabrielle - try new thread as introduction

Options

Christine Gabrielle ... I found your "Hello everyone!" post here at the bottom of this thread that is several days old and started by another new member.  It would be a good idea to start an entirely new thread just for yourself so that your questions do not get lost way down here.  If you click on "Topic" at the upper left on the forum page and then click on "Start New Topic", you will be able to start a new conversation.  It is ok to start a new topic as often as you like, and is the best way to focus the forum on what you want to ask or share. 

Hopefully, you will have multiple opportunities to ask your medical team questions since the pre-treatment doctor appointments are usually numerous.  Write down questions as they occur to you and keep the list with you so that you can refer to it.  If you don't understand an answer the first time, ask for a clearer explanation.  The nurses are usually the best ones to approach with any issues that you are confused about and they are the ones who will guide you through this.  Make sure you tell the nurse when you are having pain or a flair of other symptoms.  They have ways to help you but need to know before they can act. 

Forum Members ... Here is what Christine posted:

"

Hello everyone!

I imagine you will be my best friends throughout the next few months.  My husband was recently diagnosed with tonsil and lymphnode cancer.  We go to Stanford Hospital on Monday to find out the plan for his treatment.  We've been told by the referring doctor that he will have surgery and radiaton but we are not sure in what order.  I'm so scared for him and have searched the boards for answers.  This forum has been the best and appears to be honest with answers.  I need to know everything possible I can do to help him.  We have grown children but it will pretty much be me taking care of him.  Any questions we should take with us on Monday? We have some but since we are so new to this I'm sure you could give us a better idea of what to ask.  Thank you, thank you.... and God Bless you all.  You will be my examples to him when he gets frustrated and beaten down.  I love how positive and strong you all are."

Comments

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Options
    Hello Christine....and welcome to this

wonderful group.  You will find so much support here as you and hubby travel this road.  At this juncture, my advice is 1)  don't start searching the internet to find answers about the disease, you'll bump into wrong information, old information, and depressing information.  2)  read the Super Thread (it's always at the top of our forum)....it is packed full of everything you'd ever need to know.  As your man goes thru treatment, you will have many questions, and we will be here to help make that journey easier.

We'll love having you as a best friend Smile.

p