Trial drugs

Roddy2
Roddy2 Member Posts: 21

Hi all,

Still new to all this. Is there anyone else on the forum involved with a trial called "Congo" for MCRC. Trial commenced for me at the beginning of August 2012 and still ongoing.

cheers

Roddy

Comments

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Info

For anyone interested in the details of this here is the site I found:

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01399684

• pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member

Info

For anyone interested in the details of this here is the site I found:

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01399684

goodluck roddy, thanks marie

This sounds promising.

hugs,

pete

http://www.cancer.gov/drugdictionary?cdrid=667294

anti-EGFL7 monoclonal antibody MEGF0444A  
    A humanized IgG1 monoclonal antibody directed against the epidermal growth factor-like domain multiple 7 (EGFL7) with potential antineoplastic activity. Anti-EGFL7 monoclonal antibody MEGF0444A binds to EGFL7, thereby preventing the activities of EGFL7 on endothelial cells and inhibiting the survival and migration of endothelial cells during angiogenesis. EGFL7, a vascular-restricted extracellular matrix protein that is upregulated during angiogenesis and that regulates vascular development, may be overexpressed on the cell surfaces of various solid tumor cell types.

• Roddy2
    Sounds very technical.

Thanks Pete

Don't know if I am on the trial drug or placebo. Whichever it is, the results are heading in the right direction over the last nine months since diagnosis.

Cheers mate

Roddy

• pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    Roddy2 said:

Sounds very technical.

Thanks Pete

Don't know if I am on the trial drug or placebo. Whichever it is, the results are heading in the right direction over the last nine months since diagnosis.

Cheers mate

Roddy

alas it is roddy

i pray your direction continues and feel free to join us here, a few of us are trials and your updates will be eagerly followed.

in a sense you have left the conventional tested therapies behind, feel free to investigate the non convnetional therapies, you might find meditation or yoga something you enjoy.

hugs,

Pete

• mukamom
    mukamom Member Posts: 402

alas it is roddy

i pray your direction continues and feel free to join us here, a few of us are trials and your updates will be eagerly followed.

in a sense you have left the conventional tested therapies behind, feel free to investigate the non convnetional therapies, you might find meditation or yoga something you enjoy.

hugs,

Pete

Sounds a lot like

the trial drug Robert is on.  TRC105 is also a monoclonal drug that is being tested, altho no FOLFOX with treatment. 

Just the TRC105 every week, with avastin every other week. It looks promising, at least in Robert's case.Laughing

Angela

• Roddy2
    Trial drugs

This one is administered every two weeks with Folfox. Oxally was administered for the first 16 weeks and now just back to Bevacizumab, Leucovorin & Fluorouracil. Luckily only very minimal side effects with the neuropathy in feet and hands but if that is all I have to put up with - I will take it. I know that there are a lot more people having to endure far worse.

Cheers

Roddy