Back in to the U

Hey everyone !

Finally getting in for that recheck on the lungs.  Goodness, weather....flu....and more snow.  But today is sunny and beautiful in the mid 30's.  T-shirt weather almost !  I am thinking of requesting to return to the clinic closer to home in St. Cloud.  I'm finding I'm getting lost in the mix of things with the bigger one.  And seriously they know just as much as all the others in Mn. about ADCC.  I am the main driver in the family, as my hubby Rolie is legally blind and has been for over 15 yrs.  And I love getting cut off on the freeway....hee-hee road rage in the making.  (I'm originally from Mpls...so I get pretty animated in the mix of things)  Oh had to make waves to get my information sent out for that tumor profiling, and the U didn't fill out the request properly on the pathology, or send in the proper documentation.  So had my Irish up pretty bad the other day.  I took the bull by the horns and contacted the pathologist myself.  The lab in West Virginia now has what they need to do it.  WHY ?  I do get tired of all the foot work, but am determined to document this trip I've found myself on for other's.  I hope for an excellant day for each and everyone of us !    Katie   Tongue Out  

Comments

• Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Looking Forward

To hearing great things from you soon....

JG

• Tim6003
    Tim6003 Member Posts: 1,514 Member
    Skiffin16 said:

Looking Forward

To hearing great things from you soon....

JG

Amazing...

You got this under control!!  :Laughing)  Sounds good to me and keep us posted ...

Tim

• Ingrid K
    Ingrid K Member Posts: 813
    good for you !!

Katie

You Go Girl !!  you are always such an inspiration to the rest of us with your CAN DO attitude.

so you keep sounding your own horn....it seems that the squeeky wheel theory works the best in the medical world doesn't it ?

you just have to keep pushing them and reminding them....and eventually all the ducks will get in line.

As John said, looking forward to continuing good things coming from you.

sending you my best wishes,

Ingrid

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    I'm with Ingrid on this one....

I want YOU on my team....what a ball of fire you are, girl!  You don't let these Medical experts slow you down at all....if they had any appreciation at all, they'd be trying to hire you get the rest of their stuff done...correctly and timely....LOL....maybe you should point out the error of their ways, and then ask them if they'd like to pay you to straighten out other screw ups they've made.  Innocent  Sending positive thoughts on your check up....

p

PS....you know driving is the only place I talk like a sailor....it's good that usually the only other living being with me is the dog.

• hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member

I'm with Ingrid on this one....

I want YOU on my team....what a ball of fire you are, girl!  You don't let these Medical experts slow you down at all....if they had any appreciation at all, they'd be trying to hire you get the rest of their stuff done...correctly and timely....LOL....maybe you should point out the error of their ways, and then ask them if they'd like to pay you to straighten out other screw ups they've made.  Innocent  Sending positive thoughts on your check up....

p

PS....you know driving is the only place I talk like a sailor....it's good that usually the only other living being with me is the dog.

Take charge!

Wish I was a take charge kind of person like you. Life needs to be easier

• Grandmax4
    Grandmax4 Member Posts: 723
    One thing I have learned

is, you have to take charge and demand what you need....I've always been a little reserved around people I hold respect for, but, according to my beloved surgeon and his team, I'm fiesty, the first thing they told my husband and daughter when I came out of surgery was " she's going to do fine, she's quite fiesty"

Get you fiesty on girlfriend!

• wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    Grandmax4 said:

One thing I have learned

is, you have to take charge and demand what you need....I've always been a little reserved around people I hold respect for, but, according to my beloved surgeon and his team, I'm fiesty, the first thing they told my husband and daughter when I came out of surgery was " she's going to do fine, she's quite fiesty"

Get you fiesty on girlfriend!

Katie

I've decided that I don't live in the state of Arizona, but the state of Confusion. Welcome to my state! LOL  Oh, and R&R really means Run & Run.

Glad you have the "bull" by the horns. We have enough of it thrown our way already.

Luv,

Wolfen

• katenorwood
    katenorwood Member Posts: 1,912
    Thumbs up !

Hello everyone !

The results were excellant !  Either the surgeon was a magician, or my body's immune system is back to fantastic !  The x-rays showed no scarring, or fluid retention of any kind.  It's as if I never had a procedure done on that lower lung.  I believe in the power of prayer and positive thinking, but this exceeds my wildest imagination folks !  I chuckled at the remarks of the squeeky wheel....and being fiesty.  Our teams of doctors and nurses do their best for us I know it.  But, when we feel more is expected and needed speak up.  Maybe it was my training in quality control back in the day, and being made to tow the mark with documentation for medical devices.  I never disrespect, I have way too much admiration for these fantastic people and what they do for us.  I did swear like a sailor today P !  A truck turned over (jack knifed) in the tunnel I was suppose to take to get to the U.  By the time I figured this out, (giant brain fart) ended up going downtown, and stuck back by all the college dorms.  Turned around a billion times before I found the right street.  All my old landmarks and streets I use to use are either gone, or blocked.  UGH !  But in the end it was all worth the effort....all my records will be sent to my pulmonologist in St. Cloud, and I don't have to see the onc's til May now.  Life is good in the Norwood house tonight !  Thank you all, in my eyes and heart you all rock !   Katie

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716

Thumbs up !

Hello everyone !

The results were excellant !  Either the surgeon was a magician, or my body's immune system is back to fantastic !  The x-rays showed no scarring, or fluid retention of any kind.  It's as if I never had a procedure done on that lower lung.  I believe in the power of prayer and positive thinking, but this exceeds my wildest imagination folks !  I chuckled at the remarks of the squeeky wheel....and being fiesty.  Our teams of doctors and nurses do their best for us I know it.  But, when we feel more is expected and needed speak up.  Maybe it was my training in quality control back in the day, and being made to tow the mark with documentation for medical devices.  I never disrespect, I have way too much admiration for these fantastic people and what they do for us.  I did swear like a sailor today P !  A truck turned over (jack knifed) in the tunnel I was suppose to take to get to the U.  By the time I figured this out, (giant brain fart) ended up going downtown, and stuck back by all the college dorms.  Turned around a billion times before I found the right street.  All my old landmarks and streets I use to use are either gone, or blocked.  UGH !  But in the end it was all worth the effort....all my records will be sent to my pulmonologist in St. Cloud, and I don't have to see the onc's til May now.  Life is good in the Norwood house tonight !  Thank you all, in my eyes and heart you all rock !   Katie

Oh gawd Katie....

I am WAAAYYY delighted to hear about your check up!!  I mean, he must be a magician, if there is nothing to show for all you went thru!!  Wouldn't we make a duo in a car and lost in the city....two old ladies with language that would make street gangs blush...hahahaha.

Damn....I am SO SO happy for you!

p