Painful sores on feet after #7 Taxol

Options
McMarty
McMarty Member Posts: 212 Member

I've had some painful sores show up on my feet after my #7 Paclitaxel infusion (Taxol)  I wonder if that means I'm done with Taxol?  I'm sure they'll tell me on Monday, but meanwhile, I was wondering if any of you had had that problem?

Comments

• jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Taxol/Taxotere Side Effects

I had 4 rounds of A/C and then 12 rounds of Taxotere which is in the same class of drugs (taxanes) as Taxol. I had many side effects but I did not have mouth or foot sores. Why would you think that this particular side effect would mean that you are "done with Taxol?" Let us know how your appointment went and what your doctor had to say about this. Sorry you are in pain. Good luck.

IRENE

• McMarty
    Options

Taxol/Taxotere Side Effects

I had 4 rounds of A/C and then 12 rounds of Taxotere which is in the same class of drugs (taxanes) as Taxol. I had many side effects but I did not have mouth or foot sores. Why would you think that this particular side effect would mean that you are "done with Taxol?" Let us know how your appointment went and what your doctor had to say about this. Sorry you are in pain. Good luck.

IRENE

I had just looked it up on

I had just looked it up on the internet (so it must be true) a little and it seemed like if was something called hand & foot syndrome, they would stop treatment, let it clear up then lower the dose and resume.  I didn't get to see the Dr, but by email he said if the sores are open, come in for an appointment and if the sores are not open keep lotion on them.  I will show them to the infusion nurse on Friday and the on call dr can have a look if they think its necessary but it didn't seem like an area of much concern to my dr. 

So I'll know more on Friday.  I know they really want me to stick with it for the whole 12 rounds, so I better buck up!

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    McMarty said:

I had just looked it up on

I had just looked it up on the internet (so it must be true) a little and it seemed like if was something called hand & foot syndrome, they would stop treatment, let it clear up then lower the dose and resume.  I didn't get to see the Dr, but by email he said if the sores are open, come in for an appointment and if the sores are not open keep lotion on them.  I will show them to the infusion nurse on Friday and the on call dr can have a look if they think its necessary but it didn't seem like an area of much concern to my dr. 

So I'll know more on Friday.  I know they really want me to stick with it for the whole 12 rounds, so I better buck up!

I endured Taxol and Taxotere - 18 consective weeks

.. so many side efforts were INTENSE.  Lost toenail (which took 8 months to grow back) .. Foot sores, blisters, blood blisters.  it was annoying, as well as painful.  My Oncologist and his staff listened to my complaints - frustrations and offered little hope -- other than, Vicki your chemo will be completed on this day... keep pushing thru, YOU can DO THIS.

Lotion as well as vaseline helped keep them soft -- I also wore cotton socks / slippers as often as possible.

Please update us when you can ..  We are pulling for you !!

Strength, Courage and HOPE for a Cure.

Vicki Sam

• McMarty
    Options
    VickiSam said:

I endured Taxol and Taxotere - 18 consective weeks

.. so many side efforts were INTENSE.  Lost toenail (which took 8 months to grow back) .. Foot sores, blisters, blood blisters.  it was annoying, as well as painful.  My Oncologist and his staff listened to my complaints - frustrations and offered little hope -- other than, Vicki your chemo will be completed on this day... keep pushing thru, YOU can DO THIS.

Lotion as well as vaseline helped keep them soft -- I also wore cotton socks / slippers as often as possible.

Please update us when you can ..  We are pulling for you !!

Strength, Courage and HOPE for a Cure.

Vicki Sam

Vicki Sam
    Thank you for

Vicki Sam

Thank you for responding.  Although I'm sad you had to endure all that I'm glad you told me so I don't feel like a Taxol Flunkie!!  Plus it's scary to worry that something that may be killing the cancer may be taken away because of side effects.  I really want the cancer gone but I'm not so sure I want me feet to go with it :P

Vaseline is a great idea.  Sometimes with all the fancy new stuff we forget the simple answers that are often superior.

Plus, I have a different side effect every week so maybe my body will pick yet another for this week!  HOPEFULLY!!

Thank you again,

Marty

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    McMarty said:

Vicki Sam
    Thank you for

Vicki Sam

Thank you for responding.  Although I'm sad you had to endure all that I'm glad you told me so I don't feel like a Taxol Flunkie!!  Plus it's scary to worry that something that may be killing the cancer may be taken away because of side effects.  I really want the cancer gone but I'm not so sure I want me feet to go with it :P

Vaseline is a great idea.  Sometimes with all the fancy new stuff we forget the simple answers that are often superior.

Plus, I have a different side effect every week so maybe my body will pick yet another for this week!  HOPEFULLY!!

Thank you again,

Marty

Marty .. Yes, I agree -- with every treatment

I found a 'NEW' side effort -- Post often, as I try to log on daily --  We are here for you! 

Push forward === and persevere my dear Sister in PINKKiss

Vicki Sam

• desertgirl947
    desertgirl947 Member Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    My friend had real problems

My friend had real problems with her feet when she was on chemo.  Her skin cracked.  I remembered that; so when I was on taxol and acquired peely skin on the heels, the sides, and the toes of me feet, I watched them carefully because I did not want cracks.  So, I "lotioned" them up.  It seemed to work for me, but I know that how people react to taxol varies.