On CABO (not Cabo San Lucas) CABOZANTINIB, COMETRIQ

alice124
alice124 Member Posts: 896 Member

http://kidneycancerchronicles.com/some-background-on-cometriq-cabo-with-regard-to-kidney-cancer/#comment-895

Dena Battle has just posted the above on Cabo, Chris Battle's most recent weapon used to fight his cancer. Anyone who has been following Chris knows what he has been through. In fact, a couple of his more recent posts have covered trips to the graveyard and telling his young daughters about his Cancer (pretty somber stuff) after unsuccessfully trying everything on the kidney cancer treatment menu.

But the early reports on his latest treatment with CABO seems to have turned the tide making it quite exciting for all of us following him. While not everyone is a candidate for CABO (particularly since a trial for kidney cancer will just begin later this year), you can't help but get psyched about the potential here.  I know both John and I are!

Alice

Comments

• tacyarts
    tacyarts Member Posts: 73
    Cabo

Since my last scans were less than desirable, the sound of cabo is super exciting. It is always nice to have something to get your hopes up. Ya always need that little boost to keep the mind positive. 

• alice124
    alice124 Member Posts: 896 Member
    tacyarts said:

Cabo

Since my last scans were less than desirable, the sound of cabo is super exciting. It is always nice to have something to get your hopes up. Ya always need that little boost to keep the mind positive. 

Keeping the mind positive

Absolutely. Has Dr. Hammers or Monica mentioned the possibility of the cabo trial to you? When I heard Hopkins would be sponosoring a Cabo trial, I thought of you.

• Cynn1947
    Cynn1947 Member Posts: 2
    CABO

Many of us have been following the successes in trial of CABO....it was disappointing that the FDA approved just recently the drug for Thyroid Cancer even though it had excellent results for Bone Mets...since then they have agreed to skip to a Phase 111 trial for RCC in hopes of getting it approved even sooner...my husband has numerous bone mets and are praying this will get approved sooner than later. Dena and Chris were blessed to get the drug and it's initial success with them is so exciting.

Cindy, Caregiver to my husband/soul mate for many years/Stage 1V RCC Clear Cell/patient at Duke since June 2011

• tacyarts
    tacyarts Member Posts: 73
    alice124 said:

Keeping the mind positive

Absolutely. Has Dr. Hammers or Monica mentioned the possibility of the cabo trial to you? When I heard Hopkins would be sponosoring a Cabo trial, I thought of you.

Trial

Monica had mentioned it to me but it is 6 to 9 months away which prob means a year. I'm hoping that I can be involved with it when the time comes.

• Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798
    Cynn1947 said:

CABO

Many of us have been following the successes in trial of CABO....it was disappointing that the FDA approved just recently the drug for Thyroid Cancer even though it had excellent results for Bone Mets...since then they have agreed to skip to a Phase 111 trial for RCC in hopes of getting it approved even sooner...my husband has numerous bone mets and are praying this will get approved sooner than later. Dena and Chris were blessed to get the drug and it's initial success with them is so exciting.

Cindy, Caregiver to my husband/soul mate for many years/Stage 1V RCC Clear Cell/patient at Duke since June 2011

CABO

Cindy, here's hoping Monday's scans give Charlie breathing space to await the expedited approval of cabo for RCC.