Options
13»

Comments

• NJShore
    NJShore Member Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    PapaPaul said:

Single Digit Midgit

I am officially in the single digits. In the Air Force, when we were counting down to a move or return from deployment and we went under 10 days we were considered "single digit midgits" I know...not really a politically correct term, and if I offended anyone, please accept my sincerest appologies! But I am extremely anxious to get this finished and not have to drag myself down to the cancer center everyday. I am experiencing all the side effects everyone warned me about. Some of them worse than I thought and some not quite so bad. Guess you could say that things are as expected. The only down side was the news I got from my onc team....I've been told I need the feeding tube. The procedure will either be later this week or early next week. Imagine that, only 9 days to go to finish and I have to get the tube. Oh Well, I almost made it, however it is getting harder and harder to swallow anything now. I am barely getting 500 cals per day when I need 2000 +. And... we all know the recovery period lasts well beyond the end of treatment. I trust all is well with each you and appreciate the opportunity to learn the tricks to dealing with this thing and the treatments for cure! Take care and God Bless you all. My prayers go out for each of you daily!

You are doing great!

I know it sounds strange to hear you are doing great... when you feel so lousy, but you really have done so well this far. Doesn't hurt to have a little help with that PEG to make sure you keep doing so well. Nice to know you are so close to the end. It's really nice to wake up and know you aren't going anywhere the next day.

You are almost ready to make plans for what to do with that mask in a few short days.. :)

Did they show you how to do soaks with your neck? If not ask... they really help take the steam out of things. We had two nurses who were insistant, and it gave my husband a lot of relief.

Saying a prayer you slide right into home plate with out any more excitement than you need. :)

Kari