wahine56

Options
jen2012
jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
Welcome...i read your post in the stage 4 post and wanted to say hi and sorry for all you have been through. You will find lots of support here...as well as answers to any questions you may have. I hope you have lots of family and friend support too. Let us know how your treatment goes.

Comments

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Wahine56. I read your story
    Wahine56. I read your story as well and was absolutely heartbroken but i am glad to see you are still fighting.

BTW i am a 7 1/4 year stage 4 survivor who has been NED for over a year after 2 recurrences.
  • Brenda Bricco
    Brenda Bricco Member Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for you your

I am so sorry for you your loss... it must all seem like a nightmare.

My husband's first doctor told us to get our affairs in order and wait for the worst (rectal with many mets to liver)( I have very little respect for this doctor). I wasn't looking for false hope I wanted to find someone that wouldn't just give up on my husband. When first diagnosed he was not an surgical option but after chemo (5fu), rfa, colon resection and liver resection he became NED. We got the first scan results the day before Thanksgiving and he is stilll NED. I don't know what the next scan will bring, I have moments of panic and fear with the occasional inner voice that says live for today. The hard part about living for the day is that one of my favorites things to do was dream about the future. It's all so hard... I wish you GOD's bleesings.

Keep us posted and let us know how we can help.

Brenda