Missing a tooth?

2timothy1 7
2timothy1 7 Member Posts: 345

University of KY college of dentistry and gyn onc dr are doing a study on  women with epithelial OVCA and missing a permanent tooth from birth or have small peg tooth.. Apparently there is some genetic connection possibly. Just wondering if any here are missing a tooth? I'm not but have a daughter who is.

Comments

• Alexandra
    Alexandra Member Posts: 1,308
    It's a little bizzare... But who knows?

I am not missing any teeth. But my mother and my late grandfather both did.

• lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Alexandra said:

It's a little bizzare... But who knows?

I am not missing any teeth. But my mother and my late grandfather both did.

Hmmmm

I had to have a couple of teeth removed when I was in elementary school because of overcrowding and I had my four wisdom teeth removed when I was in my thirties, but as far as I know, I'm not missing any teeth naturally.

Kelly

• marieinlv
    marieinlv Member Posts: 47
    hmmm

I had to have a false eye tooth put in as a girl. The story was that i never got one in after losing the baby teeth... I had a DX of UPSC which is treated like Ovarian Cancer. I'll have to look closer at baby pics to see if there ever was one.

• 2timothy1 7
    2timothy1 7 Member Posts: 345
    marieinlv said:

hmmm

I had to have a false eye tooth put in as a girl. The story was that i never got one in after losing the baby teeth... I had a DX of UPSC which is treated like Ovarian Cancer. I'll have to look closer at baby pics to see if there ever was one.

Interesting enough I was
    Interesting enough I was looking at clinical trials and there is one for hypodontia and OVCA.
  • Cafewoman53
    Cafewoman53 Member Posts: 735 Member

Interesting enough I was
    Interesting enough I was looking at clinical trials and there is one for hypodontia and OVCA.

how strange

I never got any wisdom teeth and my one grandaughter is missing a couple of her permanent teeth.

Colleen