Cat Scan

I had my cat scan two weeks ago. Saw my Oncologist. And they found some mesentery nodes in the midabdomen

So they want me to do the cat scan again in 3 months instead of 6 month. So will see.

Hope you all are doing well. I have been in remission for three years and had this diagnosis since 04.

I am stage 4 , and had it in the bone marrow also. Did do Zevalin December 23, 09.

So will just wait and see. Hilde

 

Comments

  • po18guy
    po18guy Member Posts: 1,459 Member
    Let's take whatever good news we can find!

    Although not as good as you would like to hear, it is also not as bad as you could have heard. They are still watching - just a little more often than before. Yet, it sounds like doctor is on top of it, so that is always good. All the best to you.

  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,032
    keep the faith

    Hi Hilde, try to stay optimistic.... wishing you well.. Vinny

  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    vinny59 said:

    keep the faith

    Hi Hilde, try to stay optimistic.... wishing you well.. Vinny

    Enlarged nodes

    Hilde,

     You say they found some nodes at the ct scan. Were the nodes active? Either way I wish you luck. Now you have something else on your mind until it is resolved. I went to your "About me" page and it was blank. Just wondering what your diagnosis was.  John

  • hilde451
    hilde451 Member Posts: 229 Member
    COBRA666 said:

    Enlarged nodes

    Hilde,

     You say they found some nodes at the ct scan. Were the nodes active? Either way I wish you luck. Now you have something else on your mind until it is resolved. I went to your "About me" page and it was blank. Just wondering what your diagnosis was.  John

    John

    My diagnosis was in 04 and I had Non Hodgkins and had surgery and had my submandibular gland taken out.

    Then 22 radiation treatments. Then I went one week away from 5 years.

    Then was diagnosed with Follicular NHL and stage 4. It was even in my bone marrow and abdomen. Had surgery then on the other side of my neck. Had 8 rounds of chemo and then Zevalin.

    That was my diagnosis. Thank you for your post.  Hope you are well, Hilde

     

  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178
    Missed seeing this...

    Hi Hilde,

     I somehow missed seeing this post from you...happened with Vinnies post last week also, and didn't see his for a few days. Maybe my eye sight is getting worse...ha! Anyways...I'm so sorry you have something new to be watchful for. Dang...you've been dealing with cancer since 2004 and it seems like just about the time you've put a few years under your belt something new pops up. I guess the good thing is that so far there has been some form of treatment to get things back on track. Hopefully that will be the same with these new mesentery nodes in your midabdomen. I so appreciate you checking back in Hilde and letting us know how you are doing. It really helps me to remember that even if the cancer comes back, there are other treatments to be tried. Hang in there dear Hilde and I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Love,Sue

    (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

  • Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,803 Member
    allmost60 said:

    Missed seeing this...

    Hi Hilde,

     I somehow missed seeing this post from you...happened with Vinnies post last week also, and didn't see his for a few days. Maybe my eye sight is getting worse...ha! Anyways...I'm so sorry you have something new to be watchful for. Dang...you've been dealing with cancer since 2004 and it seems like just about the time you've put a few years under your belt something new pops up. I guess the good thing is that so far there has been some form of treatment to get things back on track. Hopefully that will be the same with these new mesentery nodes in your midabdomen. I so appreciate you checking back in Hilde and letting us know how you are doing. It really helps me to remember that even if the cancer comes back, there are other treatments to be tried. Hang in there dear Hilde and I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Love,Sue

    (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

    site

    It aint you, Sue. Posts on various threads wander in and out with me as well.  I hope they can get this Site up to contemporary standards some day.

    max

  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178

    site

    It aint you, Sue. Posts on various threads wander in and out with me as well.  I hope they can get this Site up to contemporary standards some day.

    max

    Whew...

    Hey Max...good to know it's not me! I was beginning to wonder why the heck I was missing so many new posts! I can get on the site more easily now without waiting forever, so maybe they are getting things figured out!

    Sue

  • hilde451
    hilde451 Member Posts: 229 Member
    allmost60 said:

    Whew...

    Hey Max...good to know it's not me! I was beginning to wonder why the heck I was missing so many new posts! I can get on the site more easily now without waiting forever, so maybe they are getting things figured out!

    Sue

    Cat Scan

    Hi Sue,

    Well  thank you Sue for answering my post.   Hope you are doing well? I am not too awfully worried about my cat scan.

    Just watch and wait. That is all one can do.

    At least he is doing the cat scan in 3 month instead of 6 month. Hope you are that I am a fan of those. How have you been?  Time is sure flying by.  Sure hope you had a wonderful Christmas, I wish you a very Happy New Year. Much love, Hilde

  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178
    hilde451 said:

    Cat Scan

    Hi Sue,

    Well  thank you Sue for answering my post.   Hope you are doing well? I am not too awfully worried about my cat scan.

    Just watch and wait. That is all one can do.

    At least he is doing the cat scan in 3 month instead of 6 month. Hope you are that I am a fan of those. How have you been?  Time is sure flying by.  Sure hope you had a wonderful Christmas, I wish you a very Happy New Year. Much love, Hilde

    Doing good...

    Hi Hilde,

     Thanks for asking...I am doing pretty darn good..(knock on wood)! Feb 22nd I get my last Rituxan infusion and then the first weeks in March I'll get a CT scan to see if the Rituxan has put me in remission. Lord...I hope so! I'm still dealing with fatigue and sore achey joints, but it's been totally doable. I still watch my sweet grandbaby Lizzy 3 days a week..(30hours), so as long as I have the energy to that, then I figure I must be doing pretty darn good. She's a handful and full of energy to say the least. It's hard to believe she will be 2 years old in May...talk about time flying by!!!! I remember the day we heard the kids were pregnant with her...I was on my way to surgery to get my lump removed for pathology....hadn't even found out yet that I had cancer. Man...seems like only yesterday! I have new pictures on my expression page where you can see how much she's grown. Anyways...Yes...we had a wonderful Christmas. I hope you did also! I will be praying for both of us to have good scan results Hilde...we need to catch a break this year and be trouble free...don't ya think! Well sweetie...you take care and try to stay as positive as possible during this watch and wait period. Keep in touch and let us know how your doing. I'll do the same. Much love...Sue

    (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)