Next clinical trial info recieved

I just wanted to share some information on the next clinical trial my Onc is suggesting for me. It is a phase 2 evaluation of a drug called Dalantercept, a novel soluble recominant activin receptor-like kinase1 (alk-1) inhibitor recepter-fusion protein. Thats a mouthfull. It's also known as ACE-041 and was created by Acceleron pharma, Inc.  It is designed to work by blocking the growth of the blood vessels that provide nutrients to cancer cells. To target the cancer's blood supply, known as a anti-angiogenesis agent. I did look it up, and some web sites provide good information on it. I'm supposed to see my Onc on monday to ask all of my questions, and then possible sign up for it. I believe you have to have had a re-occurance to participate. I am not happy that I have already had one in such a short period of time, but am glad that it was caught early. From what the nurse said the most serious side effect is fluid retention, and I will have to be weighed weekly. The injection will be given every 3 weeks as long as there is evidence that my tumor is not growing and I am not experiencing  any unacceptable side effects. I would love to hear anyone's input or opinion of this information, especially if they have tried it. Thank you!

Comments

• poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    Best of luck

Hoping this will do the trick and get you cancer free..keep us updated on your progress and best of luck...stay strong..Val 

• poopergirl14052
    Best of luck

Hoping this will do the trick and get you cancer free..keep us updated on your progress and best of luck...stay strong..Val 

• poopergirl14052
    Best of luck

• poopergirl14052
    Best of luck