T-Cell LGL Leukemia. Recently diagnosed. Need your help with FB support group.

TrueTiger
TrueTiger Member Posts: 4
edited December 2012 in Leukemia #1

Hello,

I was diagnosed with T-Cell LGL (Large Granular Lymphocytic) Leukemia in May 2012.  I soon realized that the disease being so rare as it is, there doesn't seem to be a consistent, reliable and easily accessible online place for support that is for and by the LGL patients themselves. I have taken an initiative to help change this situation and to try to make us LGLers' lives a bit easier.  There is now a Facebook group on the LGL topics (similar to several other subtypes of Leukemia groups) that is actively "recruiting" relevant members.

If you are directly or indirectly related to T-Cell LGL leukemia, would you please consider joining the group to help advocate and raise awareness of this rare leukemia type? The group is of "closed" category to respect and protect members' privacy per Facebook policies.

A short link to the group: http://goo.gl/Ekzl8

A QR Image for your smartphone: Scan this QR Code to directly visit the LGL group on Facebook

Please see the brochure image below for more info.

Thank you!

Saurin

T-Cell LGL Support Group brochure

Comments

• TrueTiger
    TrueTiger Member Posts: 4

From the posts I have read on T-Cell LGL here, there seems to be quite a few people out there with the same condition and some experience with this rare disease.  I'm attempting to connect with you so that I can learn more about the disease and prepare to deal with it effectively.  I have sent a few friend requests as well but so far there has been no response.  I'm afraid LGL isn't being discussed on this forum quite often these days?

I would love to hear from those diagnosed with T-Cell LGL Leukemia.

Thank you in advance.