Metasize Squamous Cell in the lymph node in neck - radation 15 days not able to eat anything

Options
2»

Comments

• Kent Cass
    Kent Cass Member Posts: 1,898 Member
    Options

Try drinking shakes!
    I'm so sorry you are both going through this, I to was to the point of having to re-install my peg because of the weight loss and my Doc gave me a case of ensure and said if this don't work then we have to put the peg back in (my peg/feeding tube became infected and was removed after two painful weeks). I took the ensure home and prayed to God that I would be able to drink them. He answered, the ensure tasted good from day one until 6 months later when I had my last one. I always thought hey were chocolate but found out months later that they were vanilla, the lord works in mysterious ways.
    Please also try shakes and smoothes made with fruit or ice cream mixed in with ensure. The coolness will feel better then the taste since there probably is none.
    A guy near Jefferson City survived on egg nog, you just need one food that tastes good or taste
    ok keep some weight on.

Lot's of love, luck and prayer.

Dale

Connie
    John pointed out something also very important- keeping the swallowing function going. Very important.

You might wanna tell hubby that it is common for lack of Nutrition to be a cause for the need to have IV feedings in a hospital setting, and also for being put in the hospital. As large a man as he was, perhaps this is a bit of a correction for weightloss, but it is typical for the body to need nutritional help in fighting this battle with C.

kcass