Beach Bound ~ Florida Panhandle - St. George Island...

Skiffin16
Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
I just wanted to wish all of my buds gals/guys and Abi-Normal Clan a great week-end.

Shelley, Kali, Jazzy and myself will be beach bound for a week....

Azz in the Sand, Toes in the Water....

It's our anniversary week, and a time to relax and reflect.

Just know from myself and the several other veterans here that you going through treatment, just starting, mid-stream, or recently finished...it gets better.

Life goes on, and you will get back to your old self or pretty damn close.

Hang in there, suck it up, and kick azz....

I'll be taking a little piece of all of you with me...

So in the next few days when you catch a little breath of sea breeze, or the sound of the ocean...

It's me thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers and in my heart...

Best,
John

Comments

• D Lewis
    D Lewis Member Posts: 1,581 Member
    Have a great time!
    Here's hoping for sunny skies, warm sands, and no hurricanes.

Deb
  • cureitall66
    cureitall66 Member Posts: 913
    You ROCK Buddy....
    You have yourself a GREAT, RELAXING time! You deserve it. I can't thank you enough for being here with us. Someday maybe we can both plop our Azz's right next to you guys!
  • phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    A relaxing, romantic vacation.....
    and well deserved. You have a wonderful time, and when you get back you can rub in the sound of surf, the warm sand under you toes, and the hot sun into someone like me who is freezing up here in Montana :).

p
  • katenorwood
    katenorwood Member Posts: 1,912
    Anniversery ?
    John,
    Have a fantastic time ! It's posts like yours and other's that make me continue the straight forward march to NED. I have an old sea shell of my grandparents I'll put up to my ear to hear all the fun you all will be having ! Katie
  • Grandmax4
    Grandmax4 Member Posts: 723
    jealous,
    I'm jealous, again!!
  • Tonsil Dad
    Tonsil Dad Member Posts: 488
    Grandmax4 said:

jealous,
    I'm jealous, again!!

Good Times
    Hope you and the family have a wonderful time,
    sun, sand and s... er fishing!!!

Enjoy.

God Bless
    Tonsil Dad,

Dan.
  • luvofmylif
    luvofmylif Member Posts: 344

Good Times
    Hope you and the family have a wonderful time,
    sun, sand and s... er fishing!!!

Enjoy.

God Bless
    Tonsil Dad,

Dan.

Thanks for the words of
    Thanks for the words of encouragement. Glad you will be having a great time. It's an inspiration to us going thru treatment now to know that on the other side life will be enjoyed again.

Joan
  • ratface
    ratface Member Posts: 1,337 Member

Thanks for the words of
    Thanks for the words of encouragement. Glad you will be having a great time. It's an inspiration to us going thru treatment now to know that on the other side life will be enjoyed again.

Joan

Sandy????
    Please stay clear of this Monster storm, are you sure you are safe??????????
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Happy Anniversary

Take care and enjoy yourselves, nothing like a good beach with a lot of Fish.

Hondo
  • Tim6003
    Tim6003 Member Posts: 1,514 Member
    Hondo said:

Happy Anniversary

Take care and enjoy yourselves, nothing like a good beach with a lot of Fish.

Hondo

Wow...
    happy ann. and looks like you will be going close by to my old home Tallahassee (where my mother-in-law still lives) ....wave hello for me ...and we expect to see some great fishing pics ...oh, well never mind ...it's wife time .. :):):)

Tim
  • CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    take me
    Hi John,

Have a great time, enjoy the sun sand and seafood.

Now, do you really have a little piece of me and possibly many H&N members? The reason I ask is……because……I am missing a few pieces, namely taste buds, spit and saliva. Will I be getting little pieces too? I’ve been real good. I drink lots of water, brush my teeth, massage my neck, pet cats and dogs and take out the garbage. If you want to private message me, I won’t tell anyone but Phrannie, Tim, Katie, Ditto1,etc……

Don’t forget the long sleeves you abi-normal anti-sunscreen Floridian and say hi to Shelley.

Best my butt (I mean azz)

Matt
  • Skiffin16
    ratface said:

Sandy????
    Please stay clear of this Monster storm, are you sure you are safe??????????

Sandy..
    Suppose to stay off of the east coast of Florida...

We'll be pretty far west of it just under Tallahassee like Tim mentioned.

Also, it'll be pretty far north of Florida by then, we don't actually get up there until Sunday...

Though it could hamper fishing if the wind churns up the bay a lot...

JG
  • Skiffin16
    CivilMatt said:

take me
    Hi John,

Have a great time, enjoy the sun sand and seafood.

Now, do you really have a little piece of me and possibly many H&N members? The reason I ask is……because……I am missing a few pieces, namely taste buds, spit and saliva. Will I be getting little pieces too? I’ve been real good. I drink lots of water, brush my teeth, massage my neck, pet cats and dogs and take out the garbage. If you want to private message me, I won’t tell anyone but Phrannie, Tim, Katie, Ditto1,etc……

Don’t forget the long sleeves you abi-normal anti-sunscreen Floridian and say hi to Shelley.

Best my butt (I mean azz)

Matt

Sun Protection...
    Matt, while I'm not the greatest with sun screen lotions or sprays...

If you notice most all of my photos actually on the boat.

I'm usually always wearing a buff (mask), long sleeve shirts and a floppy hat...though I always wear shorts, other than at work, and rarely wear shoes when in the boat or putting around the house..other than lawn work.

Sun Protection

Maybe you'll get a little tingle of taste this next week.... That'll be me sending a little sensation to your taste buds stimulated by an ice cold beer, steamed crabs, or some other grilled or broiled seafood medley...

Oh, and like you mentioned...me being in the sun fishing so much, I do have a close relationship with my dermo, seeing her 2-3 times annually for a once over.

Best,
    John
  • CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Skiffin16 said:

Sun Protection...
    Matt, while I'm not the greatest with sun screen lotions or sprays...

If you notice most all of my photos actually on the boat.

I'm usually always wearing a buff (mask), long sleeve shirts and a floppy hat...though I always wear shorts, other than at work, and rarely wear shoes when in the boat or putting around the house..other than lawn work.

Sun Protection

Maybe you'll get a little tingle of taste this next week.... That'll be me sending a little sensation to your taste buds stimulated by an ice cold beer, steamed crabs, or some other grilled or broiled seafood medley...

Oh, and like you mentioned...me being in the sun fishing so much, I do have a close relationship with my dermo, seeing her 2-3 times annually for a once over.

Best,
    John

feed me something good
    John,

I figured the long sleeve were either for sun protection or because you are always frying fish. I don’t have “taste buds” yet but I have “taste pals” a month ago I had “taste less”.

Time, time, time, repeat what John said time, time, time.

Happy week-end or is it happy week? What about Halloween?

Matt
  • phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    CivilMatt said:

feed me something good
    John,

I figured the long sleeve were either for sun protection or because you are always frying fish. I don’t have “taste buds” yet but I have “taste pals” a month ago I had “taste less”.

Matt

Matt...you crack me up....
    Taste pals?? LOL...that's what I have, too. I can hardly wait till they are taste bros.

p
  • fisrpotpe
    fisrpotpe Member Posts: 1,349 Member
    mr. John
    congrats on your anny.

the two of you both so deserve a vacation! may each day be so extra special.

john
  • D Lewis
    D Lewis Member Posts: 1,581 Member
    CivilMatt said:

feed me something good
    John,

Matt

Taste pals...
    Bwah ha ha ha ha. I KNOW those guys! We hung out together for a while. I've reconnected with quite a few of my buds now, and I'm enjoying their company.

Sure wish that 'wine' bud would reappear, though.

Deb
  • luv4lacrosse
    luv4lacrosse Member Posts: 1,410 Member
    CONGRATS ON THE ANNIVERSARY
    John, enjoy with the ones you care about the most.

Have fun and leave all of the C stuff in a box for the week.

Best

Mike
  • hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member

CONGRATS ON THE ANNIVERSARY
    John, enjoy with the ones you care about the most.

Have fun and leave all of the C stuff in a box for the week.

Best

Mike

Happy Anniversary!
    Have fun and be safe!