It just keeps getting better.

Options
I sometimes feel a little guilty when I post the good blessing that
have been given to me when so many of you are still going through
the pain and side effect during and beyond your treatments. I've just
come home from my visit to see my ENT at the University of Miami
for my results of my CT scan last week and .....NED....yeah!!! all looks
good and now I don't see him until 2/28/2013. I've been eating pretty
much anything as before, taste and saliva still not up to scratch but
improving all the time. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better
it did, my nephew (former US Marine Recon) has booked and paid for
a cruise for me, him and his mother (my sis) on Nov 12. We go to
Nassau, Half Moon Cay and the Turks & Caicos for 6 days.
I do feel truely blessed and I hope each and everyone of you get
back to your normal selves once more.

God bless
Tonsil dad,

Dan.

Comments

  • Billie67
    Billie67 Member Posts: 898
    Options
    Awesome!
    congrats on your NED, way to go!
    I must admit tho,I'm more than a little jealous about your upcoming travels! Enjoy and please remember to think of us little people while you are living it up!
    Take care,
    Billie
  • CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,723 Member
    Options
    go NED
    Hi Dan,

    First the NED, then the food and now a cruise. Don’t feel guilty; you paid the dues to belong to the H&N club (leave your mask at the door). I hope you enjoy your new found health because living (happily) is the greatest honor you can share with all of us.

    Best,

    Matt
  • hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    CivilMatt said:

    go NED
    Hi Dan,

    First the NED, then the food and now a cruise. Don’t feel guilty; you paid the dues to belong to the H&N club (leave your mask at the door). I hope you enjoy your new found health because living (happily) is the greatest honor you can share with all of us.

    Best,

    Matt

    That's two today!
    Good things come in 3s....who's waiting on results? So happy for you Dan. Smiles all around!
  • katenorwood
    katenorwood Member Posts: 1,912
    Options
    Wow !
    Dan,
    The news does get better and better ! Great news on the NED ! And enjoy that cruise ! Lot's of pictures too ! Katie
  • tuffenuff
    tuffenuff Member Posts: 277
    Options
    THATS AWESOME!!!
    i feel the

    THATS AWESOME!!!

    i feel the same way you do, by the way. but i feel like its kind of our duty to post the good news, progress, results so the the new members dont just see all the bad stuff. i think it sucks that lots of people never can eat regular food again or have horrible recovery that goes on forever. if thats all i saw when i first came on here i would have been terrified.
  • tuffenuff
    tuffenuff Member Posts: 277
    Options
    THATS AWESOME!!!
    i feel the

    THATS AWESOME!!!

    i feel the same way you do, by the way. but i feel like its kind of our duty to post the good news, progress, results so the the new members dont just see all the bad stuff. i think it sucks that lots of people never can eat regular food again or have horrible recovery that goes on forever. if thats all i saw when i first came on here i would have been terrified.
  • tuffenuff
    tuffenuff Member Posts: 277
    Options
    THATS AWESOME!!!
    i feel the

    THATS AWESOME!!!

    i feel the same way you do, by the way. but i feel like its kind of our duty to post the good news, progress, results so the the new members dont just see all the bad stuff. i think it sucks that lots of people never can eat regular food again or have horrible recovery that goes on forever. if thats all i saw when i first came on here i would have been terrified.
  • tuffenuff
    tuffenuff Member Posts: 277
    Options
    THATS AWESOME!!!
    i feel the

    THATS AWESOME!!!

    i feel the same way you do, by the way. but i feel like its kind of our duty to post the good news, progress, results so the the new members dont just see all the bad stuff. i think it sucks that lots of people never can eat regular food again or have horrible recovery that goes on forever. if thats all i saw when i first came on here i would have been terrified.
  • tuffenuff
    tuffenuff Member Posts: 277
    Options
    wow! guess i made my point
    wow! guess i made my point huh???
  • ditto1
    ditto1 Member Posts: 660
    Options
    tuffenuff said:

    wow! guess i made my point
    wow! guess i made my point huh???

    Point well taken, taken, taken, taken
    but very good points tuffenuff, I agree we all see enough of cancer sucks and heres why post because we all went thru it in one form or the other. So enjoy shouting from the Mountain Top Tonsid Dad, that you beat cancer and you are going on to live your LIFE. So enjoy both NED and VACation. And to the newbies going thru this, yes its tough but hopefully we all will be able to post NED.
  • luvofmylif
    luvofmylif Member Posts: 344
    Options
    ditto1 said:

    Point well taken, taken, taken, taken
    but very good points tuffenuff, I agree we all see enough of cancer sucks and heres why post because we all went thru it in one form or the other. So enjoy shouting from the Mountain Top Tonsid Dad, that you beat cancer and you are going on to live your LIFE. So enjoy both NED and VACation. And to the newbies going thru this, yes its tough but hopefully we all will be able to post NED.

    Totally agree with ditto 1.
    Totally agree with ditto 1. Seeing someone healthy after treatments and enjoying life is an inspiration to us that are going thru this road now. It gives hope and allows us to dream of getting back to some semblance of normal someday. Enjoy your life and your trip. You've earned it.

    Joan
  • VivianLee5689
    VivianLee5689 Member Posts: 546
    Options

    Totally agree with ditto 1.
    Totally agree with ditto 1. Seeing someone healthy after treatments and enjoying life is an inspiration to us that are going thru this road now. It gives hope and allows us to dream of getting back to some semblance of normal someday. Enjoy your life and your trip. You've earned it.

    Joan

    Very happy for you
    I am so happy for you. It's great to get the NED, but wow to enjoy life. I can't wait for that to happen with us again. You paid your dues, now go out and have a blast :)
  • boardwalkgirl
    boardwalkgirl Member Posts: 269
    Options
    Congrats!
    So happy for your NED! I know how much that means, glad we could share the good news today. Enjoy your cruise!
  • phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Options
    YEAAAAHHHHH Dan!!
    Congrats on your NED!! That's wonderful news, the kind I LOVE to hear!!

    You'll have a blast on the cruise...what a way to relax, and let the sunshine in...

    You've always been one of the most adventurous foodies I've met on here...:)

    p
  • D Lewis
    D Lewis Member Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Celebrate your blessings!
    Thank you for sharing the wonderful news! Enjoy your travels.

    Deb
  • Tim6003
    Tim6003 Member Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    D Lewis said:

    Celebrate your blessings!
    Thank you for sharing the wonderful news! Enjoy your travels.

    Deb

    Thanks for sharing Dan...
    Good news is good for everyone ..and I'm willing to bet those who may not have as good of news are happy someone is doing well.....though like you it hurts to see those in our cyber family not doing well or getting bad news ...so we keep fighting and praying or sending positive thoughts or whatever your fancy is to help those who need it most...


    ...and you are correct...when I was in the middle of the fight ...I needed to see good posts!

    Glad all is well...please say hello to your wife for me!

    Tim
  • KareGiver
    KareGiver Member Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Tim6003 said:

    Thanks for sharing Dan...
    Good news is good for everyone ..and I'm willing to bet those who may not have as good of news are happy someone is doing well.....though like you it hurts to see those in our cyber family not doing well or getting bad news ...so we keep fighting and praying or sending positive thoughts or whatever your fancy is to help those who need it most...


    ...and you are correct...when I was in the middle of the fight ...I needed to see good posts!

    Glad all is well...please say hello to your wife for me!

    Tim

    Your subject line
    Is what we ALL want to hear. Never feel badly about relaying great news. So happy for you!
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Options
    Jealous, but Glad You Shared
    Sounds like a cruise is icing on your NED cake. Wonderful. I think that most of us feel a little guilty about sharing wonderful fortune here, just like most of us feel a little guilty about sharing fears or bad news. Yes, there are people here who haven't been categorized as NED, and there are folks here who cannot hope to be able to go on a cruise. But a joy shared is a joy doubled - happy you get both.
  • fisrpotpe
    fisrpotpe Member Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Alert! Alert!
    we love NED news!

    NED! NED! NED!

    congrats

    john
  • fisrpotpe
    fisrpotpe Member Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    fisrpotpe said:

    Alert! Alert!
    we love NED news!

    NED! NED! NED!

    congrats

    john

    every
    no one here is going to criticize for sharing blessing news!

    you deserve as dose everyone else.

    john