abnormal cells & swollen lymph nodes, not due to prostate cancer?

djs123
djs123 Member Posts: 102
My husband just had a pet scan to determine what the abnormal cells and 4 swollen lymph nodes are in his lungs. We met with the doctor and were told that a finger biopsy would have to be done on the lymph nodes to determine exactly what's going on,, which will be done next week.
He said that it did not seem that the tumors were consistent with the spread of prostate cancer. I'm fearful that means there is another site.
He did call the abnormal cells tumors but also said that perhaps these were indications of the body fighting off infection. I hope and pray that's it.
So now we wait until next week. Last night I had a total meltdown and cried for over an hour (by myself in another room). Felt good to get it out. Didn't realize I had all that bottled up emotion.
Ready to do battle again.

Comments

• Samsungtech1
    Samsungtech1 Member Posts: 351
    Sorry for the news
    Alot of us get news everyday about what is going on, but that does not make it so. Not sure what a finger biopsy is. Seems like they either take them or let them be. You did not mention where the tumors are located. What was his gleason score and what treatment did he recieve? Hard to answer when we do not know what is goingnon.

Mike
  • djs123
    djs123 Member Posts: 102

Sorry for the news
    Alot of us get news everyday about what is going on, but that does not make it so. Not sure what a finger biopsy is. Seems like they either take them or let them be. You did not mention where the tumors are located. What was his gleason score and what treatment did he recieve? Hard to answer when we do not know what is goingnon.

Mike

tumors in lung
    His gleason score was 9....yes, I know, not good. I'm still optimistic and am hoping it's just a bad infection.
    He had 40 IMRT treatments and is currently on Lupron.
  • Samsungtech1
    Samsungtech1 Member Posts: 351
    djs123 said:

tumors in lung
    His gleason score was 9....yes, I know, not good. I'm still optimistic and am hoping it's just a bad infection.
    He had 40 IMRT treatments and is currently on Lupron.

Tests
    Djs123,
    Not sure what to say. Your husband has nodules on lungs. Lymph nodes are swollen. My lymph nodes were not swollen, but cancer nodules were prostate cancer. I had radiosurgery and nodules went away. My Onc thinks it is going to my brain. Not sure why. Anyhow I think that they can do biopsies different ways as far as the lungs go. Hopefully they can get one with the easier ways.
    This is a battle fought on many fronts. All we get to do is react. If you trust your doctors then. Folloe their advice.

Good luck,

Mike harrington