Finally made my decision, I'm changing doctors.

Hi Ladies,

After several days of trying to decide what to do, I have decided to change doctors. I can't live my life without cancer defining me, when I have to play my life around a busy doctor's schedule. The dr. I have used since my chemo began last year, is in our local office one day per week. Often times that day changes. I need to be substitute teaching as much as I possibly can, Plus, I just need to enjoy life. After my husband's unexpected death 2 1/2 hrs. ago, I'm just now beginning to feel emotionally strong enough to take short trips, etc.

Hoping I don't begin second guessing myself now, but I know that this is one stresser that I can control. I will see my new dr. Nov. 1. He was recommended by a friend who worked with him when she was an oncology nurse before retirement. I was beginning to get upset with day and time changes of appointments.

Hope all of you are having a great day.

Carla

Comments

• poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    So glad
    You are doing the right thing. Best of luck with your new Doctor.....Val
  • Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    great move
    You need to have a schedule your can rely on..... control is a "good thing".
    ((((HUGS))) Maria
  • kimberly sue 63
    kimberly sue 63 Member Posts: 421 Member
    Good for you...you have the
    Good for you...you have the power to do that and you should use it if it means better care and less stress for you. Kim
  • Glad to be done
    Glad to be done Member Posts: 569

Good for you...you have the
    Good for you...you have the power to do that and you should use it if it means better care and less stress for you. Kim

Good For you. You are in
    Good For you. You are in charge of your own care and if you are not happy with your doc it is good you got a new one. Do you have to travel far for this one?
  • mom2greatkids
    mom2greatkids Member Posts: 528

Good For you. You are in
    Good For you. You are in charge of your own care and if you are not happy with your doc it is good you got a new one. Do you have to travel far for this one?

No. It's the same distance,
    No. It's the same distance, about a 25 minute drive. Not bad at all. I still have a medical oncologist.