getting care

Options
TammeraG
TammeraG Member Posts: 1
I was wondering if there are any ideas on what to do if you are uninsured and have no savings or resources. I was recently diagnosed with skin cancer. It is basal cell carcinoma so from what the doctor who diagnosed it says it's not that bad. I'm not sure how long I can let it go while I try to figure finances out. The doc made it sound like it wasn't a big deal. Actually isn't a doc but a physician's assistant. I have talked to the university hospital in my area and they won't take me unless I'm insured. My daughter has a form of state health insurance and I was told that due to that I won't qualify for adult medicaid. I have to have a documented disability through social security. The social worker at university hospital said she wanted to send me to some clinic where I could apply for indigence but I am working 20 hours per week at 8$ per hour. I wouldn't qualify for that. I was unemployed for a little over a year while looking hard for a job. I now have the 20 hours per week but no insurance. I'm wondering if it's just my luck to deal with. Will I just have to forgo treatment? I feel like I have no choices.