4 Month Follow Up at UAB

chicken2799
chicken2799 Member Posts: 105
I had a four month follow up yesterday, and my MRI still shows the tumor site is stable. Praise God!!! I have been telling them that I have no energy, and my Primary Care Dr started giving me B-12 shots and I also take a B-12 vitamin every morning as well. UAB said that what I am suffering from is Cancer Fatigue that is very common in Cancer patients. They said that it was not something that would go away due to all that my body went through with treatments, but it was something that they could attempt to help me with. They suggested Ritalin that has a dose of 5 mg up to 45 mg. They said that they give it to kids to calm them down, but it has opposite effect in adults. I am someone who does not drink energy drinks, I do not like feeling wired. I asked if he would just give me the 5 mg to see if I could tolerate it. I have mixed feelings about taking this. Has anyone else on here taken this to give them energy. I will take a nap on my 15 minute break and at lunch everyday at work. When I get home if I sit down that is it. I have a 5 year old so I have no choice but to keep going when I get off work.

All in all, I am thankful for another day with my daughter, husband, and family!!! No matter where my energy level is, I shall keep the Faith that I will beat this. I will be 3 years post surgery on October 20th. Two more years and I will be considered a Survivor!

Praying for all on this site,

Michelle
Mobile, Al
DX: 10/20/09 AA3

Comments

• alutiiqmom
    alutiiqmom Member Posts: 256
    happy for you
    Hi Michelle-
    Thank God for the good news. I am very happy for you. You will reach that mark and be a survivor; you are a survivor! I understand your apprehension on taking that medicine. I wonder if you could change your diet, like more protein? I am not sure. I send you many many blessings!

Love, Edna
  • I_Promise
    I_Promise Member Posts: 218 Member

happy for you
    Hi Michelle-
    Thank God for the good news. I am very happy for you. You will reach that mark and be a survivor; you are a survivor! I understand your apprehension on taking that medicine. I wonder if you could change your diet, like more protein? I am not sure. I send you many many blessings!

Love, Edna

Yay!
    I am very happy for you Michelle! You will be a survivor!

My sister takes Ritalin in the morning when she is writing her PhD thesis. It has helped her concentrate and be productive. She takes the lowest dose.

J
  • chicken2799
    I_Promise said:

Yay!
    I am very happy for you Michelle! You will be a survivor!

My sister takes Ritalin in the morning when she is writing her PhD thesis. It has helped her concentrate and be productive. She takes the lowest dose.

J

Thanks
    Thanks to both of you! I have both of your family members in my prayers.

I am getting the prescription filled tonight, and see how it goes. I also asked for the lowest dose, and if needed can always increase it. Thanks for the advice and kind words from both of you.

Michelle
    Mobile, Al
  • cindysuetoyou
    cindysuetoyou Member Posts: 513

Thanks
    Thanks to both of you! I have both of your family members in my prayers.

I am getting the prescription filled tonight, and see how it goes. I also asked for the lowest dose, and if needed can always increase it. Thanks for the advice and kind words from both of you.

Michelle
    Mobile, Al

So glad
    Hi, Michelle.

When I look at your profile pic with you and your husband and your little girl, I am so happy to know that you received such a good report! I'm so glad that you are doing so well and you are enjoying a blessed life with your family.

Thank you for all of your kind comments and your prayers for David. I really appreciate it.

Love and blessings, always,
    Cindy
  • BenLenBo
    BenLenBo Member Posts: 145 Member
    Hallelujah some wonderful
    Hallelujah some wonderful news! May you have many more years to celebrate with your daughter and husband. Taking a little ritalin is nothing compared to what you have already concurred in fight this ugly cancer. You have truly been blessed.

Carol
  • chicken2799
    BenLenBo said:

Hallelujah some wonderful
    Hallelujah some wonderful news! May you have many more years to celebrate with your daughter and husband. Taking a little ritalin is nothing compared to what you have already concurred in fight this ugly cancer. You have truly been blessed.

Carol

Thanks
    Thanks Carol and Cindy,

Your families are always in my prayers as well. I know I need to be here for my daughter, and I feel blessed every day I am allowed to spend with my family. I know I have to keep my faith in God and believe that he will take care of me.

Love and Prayers,

Michelle
    Mobile, Al