Cured!

I had a barrium swallow and xray today, then saw my surgeon. He said I was cured and he released me. I will see my oncologists in Nov. I beleive he is going to do another ct scan in Jan. I wonder if I will be released then or will he do followup's? William went once a year. I would feel better if the onc. kept me coming.

For the ones still in treatment, we are all told the low survival rate, but I am an example That there is hope. There are a few of us willing to keep coming here to encourage you not to always beleive what the doctors say. Roses post proves also that the doctors don't have the last word.

I am so excited to have heard the words "CURED" The last five years has been good and worth all the bad times. Hang in there, there really is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Sandra

Comments

• ptom
    ptom Member Posts: 41 Member
    Congratulations
    Sandra,

Great news! I think it's time for the happy naked dance, or otherwise if you prefer. It must have been so thrilling to hear the word cured.

There are so many of us hoping that someday we can hear that word as well. I'm due for my next PET in October (one year from my first NED) and hope NED decides to become a permanent part of my family. Luckily my husband isn't the jealous type.

Congratulations again...and go do that dance. You earned it.

ptom
  • paul61
    paul61 Member Posts: 1,391 Member
    Wonderful News!!!!
    Sandra,

Congratulations on hearing the "cured" word!! I will be interested in hearing weather your oncologist continues to do scans or releases you. In any case it is certainly time to celebrate and hug the ones you love close.

So very happy to hear your wonderful news!!

Best Regards,

Paul Adams
    Grand Blanc, Michigan

DX 10/22/2009 T2N1M0 Stage IIB
    12/03/2009 Ivor Lewis
    2/8 through 6/14/2010 Adjuvant Chemo Cisplatin, Epirubicin, 5 FU
    Two year survivor

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!
  • Bermudagirl
    Bermudagirl Member Posts: 114
    paul61 said:

Wonderful News!!!!
    Sandra,

Congratulations on hearing the "cured" word!! I will be interested in hearing weather your oncologist continues to do scans or releases you. In any case it is certainly time to celebrate and hug the ones you love close.

So very happy to hear your wonderful news!!

Best Regards,

Paul Adams
    Grand Blanc, Michigan

DX 10/22/2009 T2N1M0 Stage IIB
    12/03/2009 Ivor Lewis
    2/8 through 6/14/2010 Adjuvant Chemo Cisplatin, Epirubicin, 5 FU
    Two year survivor

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!

Fabulous!
    So great to hear your news. Dave's doctors used the word "cured" too when they said they were going for an agressive approach to chemo and radiation, they were going for a "cure". I agree, to those just starting out, don't despair or get mired in statistics,you are a statistic of one. No one knows what the future holds, but with excellent doctors and surgeons it's possible.
  • BMGky
    BMGky Member Posts: 621
    Yay!!
    Yay!!
    BMGky

Yay!!

Yay!!

BMGky
  • Josie60
    Josie60 Member Posts: 80
    Great news!!!
    So glad for you. Your report gives the rest of us still in early steps of the struggle hope.
  • jgwright
    jgwright Member Posts: 242
    Fan-freakin'-tastic
    That is soooo great to hear, Sandy. Wonderful news. Just make sure they keep a close eye on you for the next few years.

I have a little tear in my eye...

Hugs to you!

--Jerry
  • BobHaze
    BobHaze Member Posts: 161 Member
    Yahoo!!!
    Gosh, Sandra – your news is terrific beyond words, and I imagine your feeling of relief is pretty huge!! I’m so glad you shared this, because it should give hope to other Stage III folks that their futures may not be as grim as they may fear.

FEC,
    Bob
    T1aN0M0
    Dx 8/3/11
    MIE 9/23/11
  • JanBred
    JanBred Member Posts: 42
    Fantastic News!!
    We all have hope. Congratulations to you!!
  • Janet Runge
    Janet Runge Member Posts: 34
    so happy to hear that word
    Sandra,
    So good to hear this
    Charlie has scan next monday--really anxious again.
  • jim2011
    jim2011 Member Posts: 115
    SANDRA!
    Great news! When my radiation doctor came into the little room, I said "what are my odds?" He said that everyone dies from something but you wont be dying from EC. I really felt good to hear that. The best to you and yours.
    Jim
  • bingbing2009
    bingbing2009 Member Posts: 177
    Congrats!
    Sandra, that is totally awesome news. So glad you shared so others can see that there are uplifting stories around here. Love hearing that "cured" word. Hope I hear that someday, too! Again, way to go!!!

Melinda

DX October 2009: T3N1M0
    November and December 2009: chemo (Cisplatin and 5 FU) and radiation
    February 2010: Ivor Lewis surgery
  • mardigras
    mardigras Member Posts: 215 Member
    A Huge Hug!!!!!!
    Hi Sandra,
    Thank you so much for posting your fabulous news.
    My goodness how we need to read more posts like yours.
    What a great day for EC survivors. I couldn't be happier for you and
    all your family. Well done you! You deserve it. Please keep posting
    and continue giving everyone else hope and keep well.
    Love hugs and prayers,
    Marci