Checking in

Hello Dearhearts,

I am home and finally awake enough to post.
So sorry for the delay. I've been thinking of you all and hoping that you are not worring to much.. I am okay.

Yesterday was such a long day, I think it really took a lot out of me.
When I got the first unit, it was painful in my hand and arm, but with added dilaudid and morphine I got through it. The second unit started off okay, but then the pain happened again, only was worse. I tried to tough it out, but when hubby showed up and saw me crying in pain he insisted that the nurse and I do something. So I got another iv, this one in my forearm and then the rest of the transfusions went fine. No more pain. I guess the hand vein was just to small and sensitive for the blood to go through.

I got home around 7 and just felt so weak and nauseaous so I lay down on the couch and was out for the count. Hubby woke me for some soup, then right back to sleep. Hubby woke me this morning to take my meds and I was fast asleep till almost 2 pm when the phone woke me.
I am still feeling wiped out but the nausea is better. I am still lightheaded and not very hungry. Mostly sleepy.

At least the blood is now within. Hopefully it will bring me some much needed energy in a couple of days. The nurse said it was possible that I may not feel it for a long time if at all. That was discouraging to hear. She said that my counts were so low and I have been without the right amount for such a long time, I might be just to weak to notice any difference. Gosh I hope that's not true. I'm going to be more positive and believe that in a weeks time I'll feel some better. I just have too!

Thank you all for "being with me" yesterday and everyday. I told hubby yesterday, "can you feel all my gang" he looked at me and I told him that you were all with me in spirit and holding my hand and just being the great friends that you are. He smiled...

So I am going to lie down now but I will post again later. I'm just still so tired. No dancing yet for this girl.

Oh, BTW my little granddaughter (8 year old) who was supposed to cheer at the H.S. football game chickened out and my older granddaughter(the cheerleader) said that next weeks game is a much better game to watch her cheer. Yesterdays game she just cheered, but next weeks game she will cheer and they will do the pryamid, she will be the "flyer" and on the top! So, I didn't really miss anything to exciting at the games last night. I would never of been able to make it anyway. So I am happy for that. Next weeks game, I am there!

Super big hugs to all
Lisha

Comments

  • jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107
    Welcome home
    Hi Lisha,

    Glad you're home and I'm with you - optimistic you will be feeling
    better soon.

    Hugs,

    Jim
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    Great to hear from Ya'
    Lisha,
    I think the nurse was wrong about maybe you not feeling any better. You will have too since you got all those blood cells. You are so worn out right now you can not notice any real difference. After a couple of good nights sleeps I think you will wake up and say I do feel a little more energetic. If that grand-daughter of yours chickens out next week you can take her place. Just because we are past 30 doesn't mean we can't dance anymore,right? John
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    Great to hear from Ya'
    Lisha,
    I think the nurse was wrong about maybe you not feeling any better. You will have too since you got all those blood cells. You are so worn out right now you can not notice any real difference. After a couple of good nights sleeps I think you will wake up and say I do feel a little more energetic. If that grand-daughter of yours chickens out next week you can take her place. Just because we are past 30 doesn't mean we can't dance anymore,right? John
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    Great to hear from Ya'
    Lisha,
    I think the nurse was wrong about maybe you not feeling any better. You will have too since you got all those blood cells. You are so worn out right now you can not notice any real difference. After a couple of good nights sleeps I think you will wake up and say I do feel a little more energetic. If that grand-daughter of yours chickens out next week you can take her place. Just because we are past 30 doesn't mean we can't dance anymore,right? John
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    Great to hear from Ya'
    Lisha,
    I think the nurse was wrong about maybe you not feeling any better. You will have too since you got all those blood cells. You are so worn out right now you can not notice any real difference. After a couple of good nights sleeps I think you will wake up and say I do feel a little more energetic. If that grand-daughter of yours chickens out next week you can take her place. Just because we are past 30 doesn't mean we can't dance anymore,right? John
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    Great to hear from Ya'
    Lisha,
    I think the nurse was wrong about maybe you not feeling any better. You will have too since you got all those blood cells. You are so worn out right now you can not notice any real difference. After a couple of good nights sleeps I think you will wake up and say I do feel a little more energetic. If that grand-daughter of yours chickens out next week you can take her place. Just because we are past 30 doesn't mean we can't dance anymore,right? John
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178
    Home...
    Hi Lisha,
    So glad your home and the transfusions are behind you. I sure hope you can feel a difference in a few days...it would be awful if all was for nothing. I want you to actually "FEEL" it when you start getting better!!! Sure hope you feel good and strong enough to attend next weeks game. Sounds to be the one where you will get to see your granddaughter in full cheer action. I got my flu shot yesterday morning and boy...it kicked my butt! I was achey and sore all day yesterday...lethargic and in general my body felt like I had a mild version of the flu. My arm swelled up and it felt like someone had punched me. Today now I feel just fine...arm isn't sore and the swelling is gone. This is the first time in 10 years or better that I've had a bad reaction. Steve got his at the same time and felt just fine afterwards. Weird how that happens sometimes. Well sweetie..I sure hope you are on the road to recovery and the new blood will rejuvinate your body. You are soooo over-due for some pain free healthier days! Just rest and try to eat a "little" more each day. Your body needs some food nourishment along with the new blood! Keeping you in my prayers dear friend. Love you....Sue
    (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    jimwins said:

    Welcome home
    Hi Lisha,

    Glad you're home and I'm with you - optimistic you will be feeling
    better soon.

    Hugs,

    Jim

    Sorry !!!
    SORRY ABOUT THE MULTIPLE POSTS. THEY HAVE TO FIX THIS SITE.
  • forme
    forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
    allmost60 said:

    Home...
    Hi Lisha,
    So glad your home and the transfusions are behind you. I sure hope you can feel a difference in a few days...it would be awful if all was for nothing. I want you to actually "FEEL" it when you start getting better!!! Sure hope you feel good and strong enough to attend next weeks game. Sounds to be the one where you will get to see your granddaughter in full cheer action. I got my flu shot yesterday morning and boy...it kicked my butt! I was achey and sore all day yesterday...lethargic and in general my body felt like I had a mild version of the flu. My arm swelled up and it felt like someone had punched me. Today now I feel just fine...arm isn't sore and the swelling is gone. This is the first time in 10 years or better that I've had a bad reaction. Steve got his at the same time and felt just fine afterwards. Weird how that happens sometimes. Well sweetie..I sure hope you are on the road to recovery and the new blood will rejuvinate your body. You are soooo over-due for some pain free healthier days! Just rest and try to eat a "little" more each day. Your body needs some food nourishment along with the new blood! Keeping you in my prayers dear friend. Love you....Sue
    (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

    Thanks
    So glad you are feeling better today. I am still so tired, but resting seems to help.
    I am curled up on the sofa with hubby's iPad. The stairs seem to daunting right now. I took another nap and that seems to help. I guess it's my new normal right now. Nap, rest, awake and do it over again. Ha.
    I sure do hope that I start to feel some energy soon.
    I still am trying to eat small bites of healthy food. I will keep trying.

    Lisha
  • anliperez915
    anliperez915 Member Posts: 770
    Hi Lisha
    Hi Lisha,
    I really do hope that you start felling better Lisha, don't get discouraged! Think positive and stay strong and hopefully by next weekend you will have enough energy to enjoy the game! I actually went to see my son play today and had such a great time...just took my mind off of everything! Sometimes we just need that, well take care sweetie and just know that I'm always thinking and praying for you! Huge Hugs

    Sincerely,
    Liz
  • forme
    forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member

    Hi Lisha
    Hi Lisha,
    I really do hope that you start felling better Lisha, don't get discouraged! Think positive and stay strong and hopefully by next weekend you will have enough energy to enjoy the game! I actually went to see my son play today and had such a great time...just took my mind off of everything! Sometimes we just need that, well take care sweetie and just know that I'm always thinking and praying for you! Huge Hugs

    Sincerely,
    Liz

    Thanks Liz
    Hi Liz

    Thank you for always having positive words to encourage me. Seems like I need to hear so much of that lately.

    How wonderful that you were able to go and enjoy your sons game. I do plan on watching my granddaughter cheer next Friday. She was so sweet and told me not to worry about missing yesterdays game. She said next week will be much more fun and evciting to watch. I am so glad to have that to look forward to.

    Great big hugs to you
    Lisha
  • onlytoday
    onlytoday Member Posts: 609 Member
    forme said:

    Thanks Liz
    Hi Liz

    Thank you for always having positive words to encourage me. Seems like I need to hear so much of that lately.

    How wonderful that you were able to go and enjoy your sons game. I do plan on watching my granddaughter cheer next Friday. She was so sweet and told me not to worry about missing yesterdays game. She said next week will be much more fun and evciting to watch. I am so glad to have that to look forward to.

    Great big hugs to you
    Lisha

    Glad you're home!
    Hi Lisha,

    So glad that you're home and resting! I'm also glad that your husband spoke up about the pain that you were feeling with the first line they put in. Sometimes it just takes the squeaky wheel to get attention! No need for you to be in that kind of pain.

    I also think the nurse was wrong. Hate to question the professionals,but it doesn't make sense to me that you won't get more energy as those wonderful blood cells carry oxygen to your body! I've never experienced what you just did but logic says you will feel better soon. :) I sticking with that.

    You are in my prayers and can't wait to hear of your progress.

    Hugs,
    Donna
  • JoanieP
    JoanieP Member Posts: 573
    Sorry
    Lisha,
    I am so sorry that you have gone through so much. I hope the new blood gives you good energy. Don't get discouraged. I am sure it takes time to work. Please take care of you